Chapter 19.

*A/N: I'm SO sorry for the long delayed update! I wrote this chapter twice and both times it was deleted in a saving glitch between my computer and the app both times. I got so frustrated I had to step away, and ended up getting sucked into one of my other stories The Prince's Gift in the process. I'm finally clear minded and wanting to circle back so I hope you all enjoy the update. Thank you for your patience. :) And if you're feeling generous, don't forget to comment and vote to let me know you're loving the story!

I changed into my boy-shorts and sports bra before pulling my baggy t-shirt over my head. It hung low off of my shoulder as I crawled onto my bed, dropping my aching body down onto the plush covers below. Days in a row of hours on hours of training were beginning to take its toll and I was glad for the sleep pulling at my eyelids as my head hit the pillow.

Maybe tonight I can actually get some decent sleep.

I felt my eyes closing shut before I had even settled into the covers, but my prayers had not been answered. I was immediately pulled into a nightmare I wished more than anything that I could pull myself out of.

Sweat beaded heavily on my skin, dripping off of my forehead as I thrashed in the tiny bed. The covers had come undone and I wrapped what little of the sheet was left crumpled around me. My claws had broken through in my sleep, easily shredding the crisp starchy sheet beneath me and tearing into the mattress as a painful growl ripped through me.

"Oh miss. Please you have to be quiet. They'll find you if you don't. I'm not supposed to have you in here without permission. Please." The you nurse's shaky hands pressed me down into the bed as she checked the medicine dripping into my IV. "Here, I'll give you a little more. That should quiet her down hmm?"

My eyes snapped open and my wolf's dark eyes surfaced long enought to glare at her, but disappeared as soon as the cool liquid entered my veins.

Hot. So hot.

I was burning up, like my skin was on fire. What was happening to me? My stomach ached where my stitches had been ripped open. My entire body felt sluggish from the blood transfusion and I couldn't believe I was even alive. Right now I wished more than anything that I was dead. My baby was gone. Why couldn't I have gone with her?

"She needs me." I whispered breathily. My limbs felt heavy, like a heavy weight was sitting on each of them.

My head flopped to the side as the nurse's kind eyes glanced down at me apologetically. "I'm so sorry." She whispered before walking away.

I didn't know why, but for some reason this young nurse took pity on me to bring me in. I could barely remember a car pulling up beside me as I tried to escape. She'd found me crawling up the side of the road, bleeding out as I cried, screamed in grief and agony. She shoved me into her car and brought me to a nearby clinic. I wished she'd have left me. I didn't want to be here. Nothing mattered now. My vision blurred and darkened as I felt sleep trying to take me, but I wouldn't let it. I wanted to feel the pain wracking my body, the pounding in my head as my skull weighed down on my brain.

"Mommy?" A angelic voice floated into my ears from beside me and my head snapped over, eyes fighting to take in what stood in front of me.

A young girl, maybe only two years old or so, stood in front of me with her blonde bouncing curls falling just below her shoulders. Her curious sparkling blue eyes stared at me as she looked me over before stepping beside the bed.

"Mommy, come with me. I miss you. Come play with me!" She cried with a giggle as her voice floated through the air.

"Sweet baby. I wish I could play with you." I said, my voice cracking hoarsely.