Roadside Tomatos

6 days, whoops my baddddd. School is going okay and soccer is brutal but I'm surviving. I suppose being on the competitive team has it's downsides. I'm trying though, but anyway I DO NOT OWN THESE CHARACTERS! Enjoy.

 "Can they even do that?" She asked and I shrugged. "I hit my head hard."

"What's 3699 times 7082?" She asked I simply shrugged not knowing the answer. This was the one thing I could do that Erica couldn't! Now I lost it because I hugged a wall.

"This is bad." Erica sighed "This was part of my plan." She grumbled and I sighed "I can't help it."

"That was the only thing that made me, well me." I told her and she ignored me. Picking up the dumb backpack and filling it.

"We aren't going now..." i sqeucked "right." Erica sneered and said "No."

Great she's giving me the cold shoulder again. She's all huggy then icy, and I hated it. It's like everything that I thawed has froze again.

She must of read my mind and she placed a hand on my shoulder. I looked at her and she smiled softly, a rare treat.

"I'll protect you." She soothed patting my arm and snorted and responded "You always protect me."

Her smile grew and she called "Come on."

Following her she led me outside and we began our walk wherever. "We need to find a road."

"Quickly." I observed looking at the sky. Night was approaching and I didn't want to become alligator chow. Erica grabbed my hand and I acted like this contact was normal. And ha, it's definitely not normal. Nada amigos. Yeah, Spanish class was a snooze but I passed.

——————————————————————

We heard the rumble of cars at sunset and we high fived. The swamp was no Washington DC. In Washington DC frogs didn't jump down your pants. Also stepping on snakes wasn't really that common. Needless to say I almost died, again.

"Finally!" I grumbled my legs hurt, but my stomach hurt the most. Dumb lab created zombies and their sharp teeth. Wait. They had flat teeth, but the force of their bite.

"They have flat teeth, and a hard bite. They need to see in the dark. Those teeth, reinforced steel. The repellent, well the real stuff smelled like fresh air." I shouted excited! "Yeah." She responded sounding lost.

"Underground cave dwellers!" I shouted and Erica frowned "Why that?"

"But why Cyrus." I thought out loud. Pacing back and forth I frowned. Level 17 threat, bombing, Florida. But those coordinates. 43.4799° N, 110.7624° W. The lady had them on her paper. I was pretty happy I managed to remember those numbers.

"43.4799° N, 110.7624° W." I told Erica and realization hit her. "Wyoming!" We both took off to the direction of the road. Who knows how long we have. Yellowstone is home to the largest super volcano and if it blows we are goners. If they could use those, things and disrupt. Whew. I do not want to become a marshmallow.

"Hey." She called "You remembered those numbers."

——————————————————————

We stood on the edge of the road our thumbs extended. They made it look easier in movies, it is hard. We got a couple of double middle fingers and boos. The occasional swerve to hit us and somebody threw a tomato at us, and I ate it.

"Trucker." I called pointing at a semi that was heading our way. 'Winfield Solutions' read the trailer and the trucker pulled. I went for a high five from Erica but she ignored.

"What are you kids doing out here? It's getting dark?" He asked he hopped out closing the door. He wore a green hat, 3XL shirt, and had a goatee. Smile wrinkles stood by his blue eyes and I relaxed.

Erica's cold face suddenly became excited and happy. She looked at me a radiating smile on her face. I couldn't help but smile and my face surely as read as a roadside tomato.

"Me and my boyfriend here." She beamed as she wrapped an arm around my shoulders.

"We went hiking. We aren't from here!" She tousled my hair and I smiled at the man.

"In the swamp?" He asked worried and confused. Erica nodded her head and the man shrugged.

"I'm heading to Georgia, 3 hours, tops." He said as he pointed to his truck. "First truck stop I'm dropping you off."

"That's great!" Erica laughed and she looked at me and asked "Right Ben?"

"Uh... yeah!" I grinned and I wrapped an arm around her waist. I tried not to blush deeper as Erica pulled me closer.

"Hop on in." He held the door open and we climbed in the sleeper. A queen size bed, lazy boy, and a small chest sat in the room. A tv hung mounted and I grinned as I jumped on the bed.

"Uhhhh." I groaned as I sunk down. Erica did the same and she sighed.

——————————————————————

"You guys hungry?" He asked and I perked up and we both responded "Yes sir."

"Burger King it is." He called, we then pulled off the highway and into a small town. He took a few rights and lefts and we finally stopped.

"Three Whoppers with fries." He called and I couldn't wait. Meaty, fried goodness I drooled at the thought. It took approximately 337 seconds before I got my hands on the burger. Taking a bite I moaned. Onions and tomatoes seeped to the edge, along with ketchup and mayonnaise. It was the greatest thing I've ever had. And I also finished it in two bites. Erica did the same and we both chowed down on our fries.

   "No funny business back there." The man told us and I looked at Erica. We still had two hours and decided a nap would help. I lay down and close my eyes. Welcoming sleep and it took around 24 seconds before I was out.

I felt Erica's hand squeeze my own and I smiled.

Dreams

"Hey Elizabeth." I called acting as cool as I could. She looked at me, her eyes scanning me.

"Hey Jerry." She called walking away flipping her blonde hair over her shoulder. She looked at Mike and he smiled his awesome smile. She blushed and swooned "Hey Mike."

Mike nodded his head and we continued walking. He punched my shoulder and said "Dude she was closer this time!"

I rubbed my shoulder and smiled weakly. We continued walking the bell ringing signaling school was over.

"My house? Party at 6? Elizabeth will be there." He grinned and I smiled. For some reason I remembered this moment. My phone rang and the Spy School office was calling me.

I've already lived this day. "Hey are you okay your kind-"

Thanks for viewing. Leave comments of criticism. I DO NOT MIND.