Chapter 8

(Akiko POV)

I ran off in a direction and came foot to face with Sasuke's head. I stop mid-step so I don't kick him in the face. "Thank kami you stopped in time." he sighed in relief.

I hold in my laughter and bend down. "Need any help?" I ask. He nodded. "Okay but I need to talk to you before I get you out so you don't run away like the other two." I say.

"What is it?" he asked annoyed.

"Well, we need to work together to-" I started to say but he cut me off.

"No. I am not teaming up with anyone. Now let me out." he said bluntly.

"Well, we kinda-"

"No. Now get me out."

I sighed. "Your just as bad as the other two." I said and began digging him out.

Once he was out he ran off. I sighed in frustration and just plopped on my back staring at the sky. I felt someone's presence and turned my head to see Kakashi looking down at me. "What are you doing?" he asked.

"My stupid teammates wont get over their stupid egos and help me get the stupid bells. So what's the point in fighting you if I know I need the help of my stupid teammates to get the stupid bells." I said looking back up at the sky.

"So your just going to except defeat?" he asks.

"Now, I didn't say that." I say smirking. He looked at me quizzically. My smirk only grew when I saw my shadow clone that looks like Sasuke come and grabbed the bells and dashed off. He looked at my disappearing clone, who turned back to me, with a wide eye.

"Well, this was fun and all but I need to go give my stupid teammates their stupid bells." I say and dash off.

When I came to the clearing, the timer went off. My clone appeared beside me and handed me the bells. I nodded and it dissapeared. I look to see Naruto tied to a post with Sasuke and pinkie sitting either side of him.

I walk towards them and cut the ropes that were tied around Naruto. He looked at me wide-eyed. "Thanks Aki-Chan!" he yelled happily.

"Here. Take them." I said and handed the bell to Naruto. I dropped one in Sasuke's lap and I threw one at pinkie and hit her in the forehead.

"What?! You got the bells?! How?!" Naruto screamed in my ear making me punch him on-top of his head.

"Stop yelling near me, I have sensitive hearing. It doesn't matter how I got the bells, what matters is that I got them." I said as he rubbed his head.

"But what about you Akiko?" I heard Kakashi ask behind me.

I turned around to look at him. "I don't care. They have been here longer, I've only been here a couple days. They deserve to be ninja."

"Okay, since Akiko didn't get a bell she will be tied up to the log. You will be re-doing the exercise since Akiko had to get the bells for you. No feeding her or you'll all fail along with her." Kakashi said as he tied me up and dissapeared in a puff of smoke.

They all began eating as I just watched them. Sasuke looked around the clearing before shoving smoothing close to my face. "Here, your going to need your strength so you don't slow us down."

"But Sasuke-Kun! Sensei said not to feed that little rat or else we will fail along with her!" pinkie yelled glaring at me.

"Shut up Sakura, she needs her energy." Sasuke said.

"Yeah! Sasuke's right! She helped us get the bells in the first place!" Naruto exclaimed.

I smiled slightly. "Thanks guys, but its okay. I will learn what food tastes like later. I have enough energy. You guys need it more than me, since you had to go one on one with Kakashi-Sensei. Go ahead and eat your own food." I said giving them a closed eyed smile.

"See?! You heard her! She doesn't even want it!" pinkie yelled.

"YOU...!" Kakashi appeared in Grey clouds of lightening and thunder. "You broke the rules! I hope your ready to pay the punishment!" he yelled as he saw Sasuke's still outstretched arm. Naruto started to freak out as pinkie screamed. "Any last words?"

"We're all on this sqaurd and we're all in it together." Sasuke said.

"Yeah we gave our lunch to her because the four of us are one!" pinkie yelled perking up.

I sweatdrop. "You didn't offer me anything." I mumbled to myself.

"Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! Believe it! That's right!" Naruto yelled.

"The four of you are one? That's your excuse?!" Kakashi yelled bending forward. He gave us a closed eye smile as the smoke cleared. "You pass."

"Huh..?" Naruto and pinkie asked together.

"You pass." he repeated.

"What do you mean we pass?" pinkie asked.

"You are the first squad who has ever succeeded. The rest followed my every order and fell in every trap. They couldn't think for themselves. A ninja must see through deception. In the ninja world those who break the rule are scum, that's true, but those who abandon their friends are worse then scum." he said looking up at the sky.

Pinkie looked over-joyed, Naruto looks like he is about to have a mental break down, Sasuke hums in peace, and then there's me. Staring at Kakashi like he is a father figure to us all. I smile slightly dropping my head of exhaustion and going into the deep darkness.

(Kakashi's POV)

I watch as Akiko's head falls forward as her body goes limp in the ropes. Naruto is in front of her in seconds. "Hey Aki-Chan! Did you hear that?! We pass!" he yelled cluelessly.

Sasuke stands up and reaches a hand to her neck to search for a pulse. I stand wide eyed as he quickly cuts the ropes and lays her on the ground, pushing Naruto away. I look over to see that Sakura has hope filled eyes and a smirk on her face. "Kakashi-Sensei! Her pulse is very weak! She needs medical attention now!" Sasuke yells at me.

I nod picking her up and teleporting to the hospital. "Doctor! I need a doctor now!" I yell. Soon five doctors comes out and drags Akiko away into another room, me following close behind.

They usher me out and I stand still at the door waiting. After 30 minutes, they all come out.

"What's wrong with her?" I ask one of the nurses.

"It looks like she passed out from exhaustion and it seems that she has been suffering from hunger for years. The only thing we could find in her stomach was chewed leaves." she said. "What is your relationship with her?" she asks.

"Well, I was wondering if you could maybe run a few DNA tests to see if she is my daughter?" I ask hesitantly.

"Of course." the nurse said. She took a sample of mine and Akiko's blood. I sat next to her bed waiting for the tests to come, reading 'Icha Icha Paradise'.

The door opened and Kiba stood there out of breath and a worried look on his face. He looked at me angrily, stalking towards me with clenched fists. "What happened?!" he barked at me.

"She fainted from exhaustion and hunger. It seems to me that whoever she has been living with, hasn't been feeding her." I said putting my book down.

A guilty look crossed his face as he rubbed the back of his neck. The door opened again and the nurse walked in with a clipboard. "Well?" I ask.

She looks at me with a smile. "She is the daughter of Astumi and Kakashi Hatake."

____________________________________________________________

1315 words