Chapter 15

(3rd POV)

Inukimi carried Akiko into the house in her bloody stained clothes. When Tsunami caught sight of Akiko, she screamed and ran over to her. "What happened?!" She yelled looking over the underwheight child.

"Yeah, you never told us who did this! Believe it!" Naruto yelled.

Just then Tazuna and Inari came rushing in from hearing Tsunami scream. "Mistress was attacked from Gato. He found her alone in a field  crying." Kakashi looked down in guilt. "He was laughing loudly in her face, so she bonked him over the head with her fist and yelled at him for being loud. He got mad and ordered his men to kill her. And I have saved my mistress." Inukimi stated.

Everyone looked shocked. "G-Gato? Gato is who attacked her?" Kakashi asked.

"Yes, he is who attacked my mistress." Inukimi stated.

"Why do you call her mistress? She is but a peasant." Sakura said bitterly.

Kakashi and Inukimi glared at the pinkette. "Do not call my mistress a peasant. And I  and call her mistress because I serve her and she helps me, in a way." Inukimi mumbled the last part mischievously.

Sakura looked at Akiko in disgust and scowled. Kakakshi gave her a glare, telling her to shut up. She looked scared and quickly turned away and went to bed.

Kakashi sighed and rubbed his temples in thought. *What am I supposed to do, Atsumi? I can't do this. I can't raise a kid who hates me. How am I-* he was cut from his thoughts when Inukimi spoke.

"Do not fret Kakashi, she will come around when the time is right." She said wisely.

Kakashi looked at her shocked. "How did you know what I was thinking?" He Asked.

"I have my ways." She said stubbornly. "Now if you would all excuse me, I must take my mistress to bed so she shall rest." Inukimi said and walked past the six people, leaving them with shocked expressions.

She gently layed Akiko on the bed and covered her up with the blanket, not even bothering with changing her clothes. "Now, for that one who isn't far from here." She mumbled and went after them.

Kakashi got over his shock and looked over at Inari who was looking at the ground sadly. "I'm going to bed." Inari said and left quickly. They all sighed and went to bed as well.

Sasuke went into his and Akikos room to see her in bed with the covers pulled up to her chin. He smiled softly and walked over to her bed to tuck her in.

When he bent over, he saw that she was still in her bloody stained clothes. He hesitated before pulling the covers down more, revealing the tattered and dirty clothes.

He walked over to her bag and looked for some clothes. It was a brown oversized plain shirt with light brown pants that tightened at the ankle and some brown, worn out socks (Pic above).

He grabbed the clothes and walked to Akiko. "Umm..." He said awkwardly looking from the clothes to her.

He slowly scooted her pants off of her and when he saw her bear legs he gasped in shock. All over her legs were scattered scars. He pulled the pajama pants on her went up to her shirt.

He hesitated again before pulling the shirt over her head and dropping it to the ground. He wanted to punch someone from anger with what he saw on her stomach.  It was a scar that said, 'Forest demon'.

He decided he would ask her about it in the morning and pulled the shirt over her head and layed her back down and covered her up.

He walled over to his bed and almost instantly, he fell asleep, not aware of someone standing in the corner with a mischievous smile.