xxxiii. Pressure

♡ Odette's POV ♡

I woke up with a sour taste in my mouth, but I knew immediately it couldn't have been morning, partly due to the bright light that shone outside and the fact Seamus was pacing around the room. One of his accomplices stood in the corner, her dark charcoal eye shadow making her green eyes more prominent. She said nothing, only watched as I raised my head, trying to blink the sleep from my eyes.

"Sleeping Beauty is awake, finally." She alerted Seamus, who turned and gave me a wicked smile.

"Hey, you woke up just in time for the start of the show." He grinned, his accomplice in the corner pulling a cigarette from her tight leather jacket, lighting it and inhaling deeply. "Isn't that right, Emerald?"

The girl, Emerald, nodded, her blond hair had been pulled back into a loose ponytail. I recognized her from the protest in the streets a little while back.

She took another drag from the toxin between her lips before walking up to Seamus, wrapping her arm around his waist and leaning into his chest. As she took the cigarette out of her mouth, I noticed she held it with her left hand, holding it at just the right angle for her jacket sleeve to raise, revealing her wrist.

A black spade was inked on it.

Seamus took the cigarette from Emerald's hand and took a drag of his own from it before leaning in to press a smoky kiss to her lips. I cringed at the sight, Emerald only smirking at me.

"So, when do we start?" She asked Seamus, sauntering over to lounge in a nearby chair.

Seamus held on to the cigarette, placing it between his lips in thought. "Soon, very soon. However, we have a problem."

"Which is?"

"Ivy Salvatore. She's practically the King's personal assassin and watchdog over everything that goes on in the empire. I got some good info on her when I was undercover, and she's not to be underestimated." Seamus pondered, Emerald biting her lip. I had to agree with Seamus, if there was one thing I knew about Ivy, it was that it was very dangerous to underestimate her.

"Leave her to me, I bet she isn't so tough." Emerald scoffed, rolling her eyes. She leaned back in her chair until it was barely staying balanced on two legs. If I hadn't been chained up I would've pushed her down.

However, Seamus beat me to it, lodging his foot under one of the front legs, forcefully yanking her back down. He roughly took a hold of Emerald's chin, forcing her hidden eyes to stare into his.

"I know you're good baby, but you're no Ivy. She would put ten bullet holes in you before you could even pull your trigger." Seamus warned, Emerald only rolling her eyes.

"Fine, then what do we do? We're screwed if Zayn and her show up here at the same time."

Seamus sighed before breathing in the heavy nicotine once more before finishing off the cigarette, Emerald scowling at the fact that he had taken what was rightfully hers first. Suddenly, Seamus straightened out, an idea had obviously struck him.

"I've got it." He whispered, almost as if convincing himself he actually had an idea. Emerald patiently waited for him to continue.

"What do you do if you can't have two things together in the same room?" He asked rhetorically, Emerald not understanding the question. "You keep them apart!"

"How are we supposed to do that? Apparently Ivy will kill me before I can kill her." Emerald remarked sarcastically, but Seamus ignored her insult.

"There is one person Ivy would die trying to protect," He smiled, staring at me. "That comatose prince in the hospital, Sebastian Malik."

My heart sunk.