vi. Nightmare

♞ Ivy's POV ♞

"What do you think of a bloody revolution, Victoria?..."

Revolution...revolution...revolution...

The word wouldn't stop echoing through my head, rebounding against my skull only to annoy another part of my brain. My brain was working overtime, flashes of images dancing behind my closed eyes. I felt my fingers clench my maroon bed sheets somewhere far, far away. My mind felt disconnected from my body. It was too late to wake up now. I braced myself for what my dreams would become tonight. But these dreams weren't like the normal nightmares, these were much worse.

I am walking through the kingdom, but everything has a dark, ominous feeling to it, like the very earth knows what destruction is to come. People are marching through the streets, dead bodies are already piled up along the curbside. I'm wearing a dark black military suit, my pocketknife and a gun strapped to my side. What happened? Did the King really allow for a war?

The King. The Royal family, where are they?

I sprint through the streets, my legs already burning from the strain of the speed I'm running at, but I have to push on. Tears blur my vision as I witness starving children becoming orphans as their parents are shot right next to me, but strangely, no one's shooting at me. Maybe they think I'm on their side, or maybe they just don't see me.

My breath catches in my throat as I see enemy troops marching to Malik Manor, guns raised high and speed fast. I push on, darting towards my window, a place I know no enemy will know the location of.

I manage to navigate through the shrubbery and squeeze through the opening, my shoes clicking on the newly scrubbed bathroom tile as I land. My heartbeat is the loudest sound in the room as I walk to my door, slowly maneuvering through the halls. Who's first to check? Odette, my conscious whispers, she's right across the hall. It would be logical to see if the Malik-to-be is safe first, then go on to the others. But she's not a Royal, I hiss at myself, without Zayn, she's no one. Just another civilian.

I still quickly run over to Odette's room, biting my lip to prevent me from spitting some nasty remark at her. Now wasn't the time. However, my blood turns cold as the door to her room opens easily, Odette didn't seem to be the kind of girl to just leave her door unlocked. After a full investigation, I realized she wasn't in her room. Shoot. Where could she be?

Forget her, time to get the real Royals.

I checked all of the Royal bedrooms, but no one was there. None of the servants were around either. That was strange.

I sprinted to the throne room, that was the last room, and froze when I opened the doors. All the Royals were lined up horizontally across the floor, standing in front of enemy troops. The girls were terrified, Odette included, tears already spilling from their eyes. The men were a different story, but the unwavering fear in Sebastian's eyes wasn't hard to miss, and my heart clenched painfully as I saw what the enemy leader was doing. A gun was pressed to King Malik's skull, he was going to shoot them execution style. Nononono.

I sprint full speed towards the man dressed in all black holding the gun, the mental command of "Kill him" running through my mind. Just a little bit farther and I'll have him--

The pull of a trigger echoed through the room.

The King fell dead.

"Stop!" I managed to reach the man point my gun to the his head, but the man only chuckled and smiled devilishly. What was wrong with him?

"How daring, you would really kill me?" He smirked, and I glared at him.

"Of course. You have committed treason and killed the King, you shall be killed as well." I spat at him. This fool had doubts about my abilities?