xxiv. Party Planning

♚ Zayn's POV ♚

I had a bit of a dilemma when I woke up the next morning.

Odette was fast asleep curled up into my side. Her arm had unconsciously wrapped around my shirtless middle, and her legs had intertwined with one of mine.

It didn't take long for me to learn that Odette tended to hug whoever was in the same bed as her, and once you were caught in that trap of tangled limbs, you weren't getting out anytime soon. I mentally debating calling her my little octopus rather than little swan, the former seemed to fit her death-grip hugs much better.

I was about to start negotiating my escape when soft raps at the door were heard. I softly called out for the person to come in, Falene stepping in holding a huge cardboard box. She smirked at me upon seeing Odette and me in bed together, to which I rolled my eyes at. She stepped over to the bed to allow me to see the contents of the box, some streamers and decorations for the party already collected.

"It's a start, but we'll need more." Falene informed me quietly, my mind racing with ways to get more without Odette noticing during the day. This wasn't going to be a tiny surprise party, we were going all out, so we had to ensure all the decorations and presents were well hidden.

"Take Odette on a shopping trip for the whole day. That way I can gather more supplies and get presents without her noticing." I ordered Falene, whose eyes lit up at the idea of a shopping spree with an unlimited budget. I cringed, the extensive meaning of my words only just setting in.

"Don't worry, I won't spend too much." Falene smirked, a mischievous glint in her eyes. She knew very well it wasn't Odette I was worried would break my bank account, it was her.

"Yeah, right." I spoke a little too loudly, Odette mumbling something unintelligible while hugging me closer as she fell back into a deep sleep.

Falene only winked before setting the box down and rushing out, probably getting her shopping list ready. Odette and I were alone again, and I sighed as I took the time to admire my sleeping beauty.

Her lips were pouted and slightly open as she breathed heavily, her soft heartbeat felt as I traced swirling patterns on her back. The action seemed to relax her death-grip hug on me, her limbs loosening their hold on me. She scrunched her nose up as she turned the other way, her back facing me. My little swan must have gotten too warm in the covers, her legs soon kicking the covers off. It was then I noticed something peculiar, an abnormal imperfection on her otherwise blemish-free skin.

Her nightdress had scrunched up a little after she kicked the covers off, revealing some of her upper thighs to me. Small jagged stretch marks littered the skin on the sides of her thighs. I'm not quite sure but it made her seem less like a perfect angel and more tangible and real. I loved it.

My fingers traced the small lines absentmindedly, Odette's grip loosening completely as she woke up. She seemed a bit drowsy and out of it for a few moments, a whine escaping her as she cuddled back into me. I chuckled as I wrapped my arms around her, pulling her up so she rested over me.

"What's wrong, baby?" I asked, smiling as she shut her eyes tight to try and go back to sleep.

"Too early..." She mumbled, her head resting on my chest. I hoped she couldn't hear how fast my heart started beating.

"Are you sure you don't want to get up? I planned something for you to do." I tempted her, and I watched humorously as both of her hazel eyes opened immediately.

"What?"

"An all-expenses paid shopping trip. Get whatever you want, it's on me." I told her, pressing a kiss to her disheveled hair. She didn't seem as excited as I hoped, though.