iii. Allergies

A/N: Dedication goes out to marsie100 for her lovely comment on my new story "Smile, Harry" on my side account @loullipop_ . I have decided to create an "Impeccable" story 8-track playlist just because I feel music helps to capture the mood and intensity of a story so well! :) the songs are a mix of genres and I hope you all enjoy them as much as I do! Here's the first four songs of the playlist:
1. Young and Beautiful - Lana del Rey
2. Viva la Vida - Coldplay
3. Waiting Game - Banks
4. Latch (feat. Sam Smith) - Disclosure

Odette's POV

I opened another drawer of an old wooden cabinet in my room, surprised to find more clothes in it. Silks, velvets, and other expensive fabrics were neatly folded in piles in the drawer, and I shut the sliding compartment carefully so nothing would be messed up.

I had gone through the walk-in closet, two cabinets, shoe closet, and jewelry cabinet, all full of clothing and accessories. I felt like a kid in a candy shop as I excitedly went through gowns and expensive necklaces, the luxurious diamonds practically oozing out wealth. One in particular stood out to me, a shining mosaic of blue and pure white diamonds, shining flowers made of the sparkling gems everywhere on the necklace. After placing the necklace back into its place on blue velvet in one of the drawers, I quickly got up to explore the bathroom.

The bathroom was just as exquisite as the rest of the room, gold lining decorating the large bathtub and mirror. There was a sink and toilet, and containers full of cotton balls and q-tips, a bottle of mouthwash, a pink toothbrush, toothpaste, face soap, and a fluffy white hand towel on a rack. I blushed a little as I opened a cabinet underneath the sink to find feminine products, a package of razors and shaving cream next to them. I had little time to explore more, because the sound of the door opening stopped me.

"Mrs. Odette? Are you here?" A feminine voice called out, and I immediately hurried out of the bathroom to great my visitor. It was a young girl, maybe around twenty years old, a maid's uniform on her curvier body. Her eyes were dark chocolate brown, and her dark hair was lulled back into a painful looking bun. Her lightly tanned skin was evident of years of summers outside, and I wondered if she was a new maid or had worked here for years. She smiled at me sweetly as she saw me, slightly crooked teeth coming into view.

"There you are Mrs. Odette. I'm Falene, your personal servant. Master Zayn sent me to prepare you for tonight's dinner."

-~-

"And then in the winter the lake in the back will freeze over and Master Zayn and his sisters go ice-skating, it's always great fun for them. They always ask me to make them some of my hot chocolate, they say it's the best they've ever tasted, and then they sit in front of the fire and play games with the rest of the family." Falene rambled on as she curled the long strands of my hair, her small hands surprisingly nimble and quick.

Falene had taken it upon herself to inform me about the Malik family's various traditions and customs, telling me countless stories about Zayn and his sisters. I politely listened and nodded when she paused her story to take a much-needed breath. Falene was a lovely friend, I didn't consider her to be less than me only because she worked for the Malik family. If anything, she was the bubbliest and happiest person I had seen around the house, probably even happier than Lady Malik herself, and that was saying something.

I noticed Falene was much more gentle than Mother when it came to putting pins in my hair, constantly pausing yet another of her stories to ask if my head hurt or if she had accidentally poked me with a decoration. I would always tell her no, and she would continue to twist and pull my hair in various decorations.

When she had finished, I stared in awe at the girl in the bathroom mirror, her makeup and hair picturesque and gorgeous. Falene only smiled as she admired her work, before gently grasping my wrist to pull me to the massive closet.