Chapter 9 Alive Again

Karin's POV:

I felt something pull me back to life. I felt I was drowning and I gasped for air. I hear a familiar voice "Elena?" I heard two voices I saw it was Jeremy and Damon.

"Damon?" I was still gasping for air. Breathing down all the oxygen I could.

"How do you feel?" Damon asked as he held my head up.

"I feel fine." I looked around. I'm alive? "Where's Stefan?" I asked then I saw him come to sight.

"Karin!" He shocked.

I ran to him and hugged him. "I'm alive Stefan." I smiled at him as he smiled back."How?"

"John. He exchanged life force with you." Damon said. " Did you say Karin?" He looked shocked.

Jeremy was suprised. "karin!" He runs to hug me and I hug him. "what were doing at the ritual?--Don't tell you were--"

"Yeah. I was planning to die." I said then Damon pushes me against the wall full speed.

"Are you stupid?! First you leave town then you come back killing yourself as Elena?" Damon pushed down on my shoulders.

"DAmon! LET HER GO!" Stefan yelled and pushed him away. I fall down but Stefan helps me up.

"Where's Elena then?" Alaric asks.

"At the chruch." Stefan said.

"How long did you guys planned this?" Alaric ask.

"Yesterday." I knew he was going to ask why I cam back now. "I wanted to save Elena, I didn't want her to come back as a vampire." I looked at Damon "I wanted everyone safe." I heard a thud then turned around to see John on the ground. I rush over to him.

At the Funeral.

Everybody put down a flower for John and Jenna's grave. Tears were falling down for Elena the most. She looked at me before getting up then she hugged me. I hugged her back. I couldn't stand seeing Elena cry. I held in my tears. She got hugs from Bonnie as I saw Stefan and Damon talking private. I walked over there wanting to apologize to Damon. I walked over and saw a bite mark spreading... it was a werewolf bite. Damon pulled it down as I came.

"Damon can I talk to you?" I asked. Stefan walked away and I was alone with Damon "I'm sorry about leaving without notice."

"Do you want to explain why?" He asked. Looking at me.

"I know you love Elena." He looked at me shocked. "I just want you to know I love you Damon and I know you love Elena since the beginning. I know that kiss was for Elena. I know it was stupid of me to leave the town but I couldn't be able to face every problem without having to face you to help me. Like I said in the letter. I was watching you... meaning you Damon." I looked at him "I also know your not going to accept my apology and I'm okay with that--" I felt Damon lips smashed on mine. It felt just like the last time I kissed him. He pulled away.
"I never loved Elena. I was in love with you Karin. I was searching for you not Elena but I knew I had to protect Elena because she was important to you. It was always you." He said. I pulled a small smile and hugged feeling the warm of him once again. My heart was repaired. I was happy but then I looked down at his right arm... the werewolf bite only to be heal by a hybrid. Klaus. I knew that Damon was going to die if I wasn't going to get the cure. And I knew what to exchange for the cure. Me.