Chapter 5

Taemin sat by me in History  class. I was surprised at how these boys were acting.

Surprisingly, they were fitting in quite fine and that made me feel as if they were a part of the school.

"Are you going to be taking dance too?" Taemin asked.

"What? No? I don't dance!" I exclaimed not looking at him.

"So it is impossible". He whispered.

"Impossible? Says a boy who has been to a spy academy and now attends school like normal people!"I exclaimed.

What did he take me for? I wasn't born with two left feet. I just couldn't really dance all that well.

"Then you mean to say...." he began.

"Yes, Mr.Lee, have you got something to share with the class?" The teacher asked.

I grinned and hid it by starting at the ground.

"Yeah! I just wanted to say that it was not the French who were keen on the revolution , I think it was their thoughts that mattered instead!" Taemin replied.

"That's true, thinking out can make a major difference!" The teacher said.

Taemin was intelligent, he was intelligent than I was and I didn't know that. Hopefully, I didn't have to tutor them, too bad they won't stay long to graduate.

I looked towards where Jimin was sitting and she was really focused on her lesson. I was concentrating too.

So far, only Minho has been nice to me and o don't expect anything from Onew or Taemin.

They could be how they were besides I'm a girl they have to protect and I am not going to make their job any easy.

At lunch time, I gathered up my books.

"So what's for lunch?" Taemin asked. I smiled at him.

"You guys go on, I'll be there!" I said picking up my things.

"Are you sure?" Minho asked with concern in his voice.

"Don't be so worried, I'll follow you, you don't have to stay with me all the time!" I rolled my eyes as they left.

"So, Where is my pen?" I asked aloud looking for it in the empty classroom.

"Looking for this?" I heard a very familiar voice.

It was Ren.

I turned around to face him.

"Yes Ren, I was looking for my pen!" I called confidently even though my heart was pounding so fast, I'm sure he could hear it.

I tried to take my pen from his hand but he stretched it out of my reach.

"Give me my pen!" I exclaimed at I jumped to reach it.

He grabbed my hand that was reaching my pen and pulled me towards him.

"You think you're something else huh? Let me tell you something now. Apologize or I will make your existence unbearable especially to your own self!" He raged as he handed me the pen.

Before he could leave, I opened my mouth. It was the biggest mistake I made that day.

"I'd like to see you try".

Why was I so silly, this was Ren we were speaking about. Why couldn't I keep my mouth shut.

"Then you better watch it, it won't be long!" He said as he came close to me.

I locked eyes with him and glared at him. His face was close to mine, when someone broke us from the trance.

"Sun-hee? What are you doing here, we are waiting for you at the cafeteria!" It was Onew.

"Yeah! I was just coming!" I replied as I walked away but Ren caught my arm.

"Let go of her arm!" Onew said.

"This isn't over yet!" Ren announced as he let go. It was a painful grip.

Ones grabbed my hand and led my out. I was still looking at Ren.

"Did he hurt you?" Onew asked once we were outside.

I shook my head. "Why do you care?"

"Because you are a human being and in that sense, I have to keep you safe." He replied.

He looked concerned for my safety and I was happy that he did what he did because it was for the best. But still, was this the Onew who said that he had nothing to do with me?

Once, in the cafeteria we joined with Jimin and Key. They were interested in my new cousin and his friends.

"I saw what happened. And I told Ren to leave you alone!" Jimin said eating  her strawberry yogurt.

"He is not going to!" Key replied patting my shoulder.

"He didn't!" Onew said.

"Onew?" I whispered.

"What does that mean?" Minho asked.

"Nothing!" I laughed nervously.

"Tell me Hyung?" He said.

"I found him in the classroom alone with Sun-" Onew began.

"He was just handing me my pen!" I said.

"Yeah.... aggressively!" Onew replied.

I rolled my eyes as everyone got the message that he tried to hurt me.

"I'll talk to him!" Jimin said.

"No, he'll call me a tattle-take!" I replied whining.

"Not to worry, you're not one in my eyes!" Taemin said giving me a cute smile.

I smiled back and felt better.

They were my friends after all. Well Key and Jimin atleast. Minho was a nice guy, Onew saved my life once and Taemin was cheerful. But these guys were more than just spies, I could tell.