Lithuania x China

Requested by: Homeruntalia

Toris sat at his desk, crumpling another sheet of paper into yet another tight wad, tossing it into the trash bin across the room, nearly missing his Roommate, Felix, who let out a dramatic gasp. 

"Toris!! That paper could have, like, taken my head off!" He scolds, looking like a hot-headed diva. Toris rolled his eyes,

"It's a piece of paper, Felix." Toris replied, looking back at his desk, on which he pulled out yet another fresh piece of paper. He started to write, 

Hello, Yao Wang, 

Felix interrupted his thought with another remark, 

"Why are you, like, spending so much time on a silly assignment?" Felix twirled his shoulder-length blonde hair with his finger and looked up at Toris, knowing his answer already. 

"Felix, it's not just an assignment, we've been over this. It's not just a petty pen-pal assignment, it's a chance to make a new friend." He ignored Felix's disapproval and continued,

What is your life like? How different is it out in China then here in Lithuania, where I live? 

Are there any hobbies that you are interested in? I like writing, though I'm not very good at it, as you can probably tell, haha~! 

At this point, Felix interrupted his thought yet again, 

"Tor, I bet that the guy from China can't, like, speak or read in Lithuanian." At this, Toris shot an annoyed glare at the Pol, 

"I'm writing in English, duh, Felix. Everyone knows how to read English. My teacher said so." 

"But do you, like, know for sure?" Felix inquired,

"Yes, Felix. Please stop interrupting me," Toris shot a last glare at his friend, and continued the letter,

How old are you? My teacher never told me your age. I'm 20, a college student here. I'm guessing that you're doing this for a school project, right? Or is this new to you? 

If this is in fact not a school project, please at least write me back the questions I asked. I'm a bit awkward in real life, so writing lets me really show who I am. 

I hope we can become good friends, Yao. Thanks for spending time to read this.

Your hopeful pen-pal, 

Toris Laurinaitis

Toris folded up the letter and put it into the assigned envelope, pre-addressed by his teacher, and licked it shut. He put it down on his desk and quickly changed into his bed-time clothes, ignoring Felix staring at him as he did it. He was used to this by now. He climbed up to the top bunk and turned off the lamp. Felix yawned loudly and bid goodnight. 

---

Yao Wang was eagerly anticipating the letter from his pen-pal ever since he sent in a letter to various colleges to accept his address. And so every day, he checked the mail, waiting for it, the letter that could change his life forever. Well, maybe that was a bit of an exaggeration.

Yao made his was out to the mailbox, just like he had every day for the past month-and-a-half. He peeked inside and pulled out the contents. There was two bills, as usual, and then a letter. Yao looked at the letter and realized that it was addressed to his younger brother, Kiku. It was labeled with something along the lines of manga, and Yao didn't really understand it.

He made his way inside, and gave the letter to Kiku, who eagerly grabbed it and ran into his room, Yao assumed to his laptop. His brother Leon looked at him hopefully, but Yao shook his head. Leon had been waiting for a letter of his own, from a boy from Iceland. Yao sat down at the table, looking through the bills. One for the little house that he rented with his siblings, and the other was something he had to fill out for his job. He sighed - no letter. His brother Chaiya came in, but Yao didn't notice him. (Thailand)

Chaiya noticed a piece of paper on the ground, addressed to to his eldest brother. Said brother sighed, and Chaiya wondered briefly if it was about the letter in his hand. He went over to Yao, and placed the letter on Yao's desk, and darted into his room to talk with his sister, Trän.(Vietnam) Yao noticed the letter, and read the address that it was sent from. His heart skipped a beat, and he eagerly ripped the letter open, reading what the boy named Toris had sent him.

Yao blushed and smiled to himself, pulling out a piece of paper to write a reply. He began to scribble answers in Mandarin, but then threw that paper away, and wrote in English instead. He found an envelope and stuffed the letter inside, writing out the return address, and putting it in the mailbox.

---

Both young men knew that this was to be the start of something new. That was for sure!

A/N: Thanks for the request!!! Any other requests for either countryxcountry, or countryxreader

I will accept 2p, Nyo, and Neko, and some plot suggestions. 

~Author