Chapter 9

So hi guys! Before I start this I just want to warn you all it might not be good. My mind is in other places right now. My next door neighbour who is pretty much my grandma has had to be taken to the hospital with heart problems, I was with her when she started having pains in the chest and I called the ambulance for her. I visit her almost every day and she has always been here for me whenever I need her and I would be the proudest person in the world if I really was her granddaughter. She is the loveliest and kind person that I have ever met and I don’t know what I would do without her.

_____________________

"Come on!"

"Where are we going? Why are we in a park at night?"

"Don't worry! Just forget about ever thing!"

I walk... more stumble to what feels like a tree trunk with Oliver leading me along by holding my hand. It's so pitch black that I can't see anything!

"Kay, here we are!"

"Where's here?" I ask confused.

"My tree house!" he exclaims.

"Um, how do you expect me to get up there?"

"I have a torch!" he says while lifting a bag in his other hand up, must be a white bag because I can actually see it!

"Right... The torch will lift me into the tree house? I see now!"

"No, you use the torch to light the tree up so you can see where you're going..." he says, drawing out the words.

I pout and grumble but find myself complying. He shines the torch on the tree as I scale it carefully so I don't slip and fall down. I seem to be climbing forever before I finally get to the top. Oliver chucks me up some stuff and starts to escalate the tree himself. Soon we are both up the top and laying out blankets on the wooden base of the little cubby house kind of thing and putting a thick blanket over the open bit that you get through to keep the cold night air out. He must have a lot in his car if he can just grab out a bag of blankets!

"I was planning to take you here after the zoo before but that didn't work out so...."

"This is awesome!" I reply.

"Well, I like to impress."

"You're an idiot!" I say while hitting him lightly on the shoulder.

"Thanks! I feel so special right now!"

"You should feel special! I don't call just anyone an idiot..."

"Hey! I'm not that type of 'special'!"

"So you say but.... I like you for you for your specialness so don't worry," 

"I like you too," he says more softly, placing his hand on my stomach. He rubs it and all of a sudden I feel a huge rush of love. 

"You know, you're the only person who makes me feel peaceful and happy? You even make me feel loved."

"Maybe that's because I do love you," he whispers, "now why where you upset before? You where amazing out there! You won the trophy! Why did you look hurt?"

"I was offered a place in the championships of figure skating."

"Did you take it? That's really not something to get upset over!"

"He asked me what I was doing tomorrow."

"And...."

"I remembered I have an ultrasound. I can't compete in anything, let alone on ice in 5 months! I will be almost 7 months pregnant! This is why my life is now screwed! If I wasn't pregnant I could have a career in skating! I could go to university! But no, I got pregnant to a guy who doesn't give a shit about his kid! I have no partner, I'm going to have to go to the ultrasound alone because mum is flying out to some place for work for the day and Crane has to take Phoebe to some kid’s party, I didn't even ask them, I already knew they have important plan as you can tell."