Chapter 31

Here's the chapter, as promised. I would have put it up sooner but I was asleep...

The 12s had much up day yesterday, it was pretty mad. Some people walked around with glitter and poured it all over the younger grades while yelling ‘SHINE BRIGHT!’ and then running off. There was butchers paper everywhere from writing signs. The locked the gate into school and put water over the majority of seats. I personally didn’t do much… except sticky taping two kids together… Oliver was not happy.

Graduation dinner (prom) is tonight. I turn on the shower and get in, letting the warm beads of water rain on my tense, swollen body. I breathe deeply and put a hand on my stomach. Braxton hicks are painful.

The pain slows. I rub some soap over myself, being careful not to wet my hair. The water runs the soap off my skin and leaves me clean.

I get out and dry myself with my towel. I slide on my underwear and quickly slip on my dress. I grab my make-up out and apply foundation before the purple powder on my eyelids. I put on eyeliner and mascara, a very light, almost invisible, pink blush and my red lipstick.

I French braid my hair at the start but once it gets to the shoulder I slip the hair in two sections and wrap one half around the other, creating a tied look. I slip a hidden hair tie on and a few bobby pins. With the other half that sits down, I get out my curler and make ringlets in it.

I slip on my dark purple gladiators to go with my dress.

I look down adoringly. The dress is beautiful. It only has a one shoulder strap and the way it gathers and such it looks like what the top of a toga but prettier. The material on my shoulder meets with big silver with little diamond crystal things embed into it.  The dress starts with white and flows to lavender and eventually a dark purple. In the bottom right corner in the dark purple there is a big white rose. Under the bust is a line of beads in white, clear and purple.

I look at myself in the full length mirror and smile. I look beautiful.

There’s a knock at the door that startles me. I jump a little and shake my head. I twist the knob and see Oliver wait. His jaw drops, “May, you always look blindingly stunning but you look… Wow.”

“Not too bad yourself,” I joke. He looks to die for. He has a full suit with a white shirt on. His hair is combed and everything. “You look amazing Ollie.”

“Why thank you ma’am. Now, you have a guest,” he says and someone steps out. Its Lotus.

Her eyes widen and she sighs, “Wow May… You… Wow.”

“If I could blush I would,” I reply jokingly. “What can I help you with honey?”

Lotus and I, seriously, if I felt comfortable with people looking up my private area, she would be in the birth room with me. Who knows, we still have two months, she might end up in there with me. But then, I already have Mum, Oliver, Payton, Crayna, hopefully not Oliver’s mum, in there. I don’t think they would let me have anyone else. I think I’m already going over the limit.

“Um, do you have a dress I could borrow? All my good stuff is still being sent over and Erik wants to take me to the dance…”

“SURE!! Come one. I’m sure I have something from when I wasn’t pregnant.”

We look though my clothes but most of my stuff from back then is still at Mum’s.

“I know, I’ll call mum and ask her to come early and bring some dresses. She will be here soon anyway,” I tell her.

I dial mum’s number and she answers straight away. “Hello!”

“Hey Mum! Can you come a bit earlier and bring some of my old dresses. Anything that looks nice. It’s for Lotus. She doesn’t have a dress.”