Prologue

"YOUR JOURNEY TO JURASSIC WORLD MAY TAKE A FEW HOURS, BUT YOUR MEMORIES WILL LAST A LIFETIME

"YOUR JOURNEY TO JURASSIC WORLD MAY TAKE A FEW HOURS, BUT YOUR MEMORIES WILL LAST A LIFETIME." The voice of John Hammond echoed aboard the Isla Nublar Ferry as it travelled across the Costa Rican Pacific with the passengers aboard, all of them travelling to Jurassic World. Among the excited faces and the loud roar of people pointing out the island in the distance, Keira Grant leaned over one of the railings to glance down at the shimmering water. The air was warm despite the constant breeze and as the ferry travelled through the waters, Keira found her skin splashed lightly with droplets of water. Her fingers gripped the railing loosely as she peered out where several children had been pointing for the last several minutes.

Land had been spotted, more importantly, the island of Isla Nublar, her destination.

The rich greens of the island's flora could easily be seen in the distance as it decorated the ragged mountain tops like soft blankets being draped over and the skies remained clear, allowing the sun to directly shine all over the surrounding water and land. For a few seconds, Keira could feel her heart pounding in her chest as her own sense of excitement quickly took over. The same sense of excitement that practically had her pacing at the airport when it came to catching her flight at the airport that would bring her to the port to catch the ferry.

Of course, unlike the rest of the passengers aboard the ferry, Keira had been given the option to opt out of the long ride. She was not going to Jurassic World on holiday or vacation like those around her, instead, she was going there to start her new position, a job offered by a man called Simon Masrani. It had come unexpectedly, although Keira and her parents agreed that they all should have seen the job offer coming as soon as Jurassic World's opening was announced. Given who her parents were, if Masrani couldn't convince the great Dr Alan Grant and Dr Ellie Sattler to work at his theme park, his next best option was to get his hands on their daughter.

It started off as letters, ones that Alan had no problem ripping up and throwing into the nearest trash bin to keep Keira from ever considering such a thing. It had taken many years of Keira hearing stories about the incidents involving and surrounding Jurassic Park from other people before her parents finally opened up about the horrible things they had come to witness.

The journey down a path of horror had started when Alan and Ellie were approached by a man called John Hammond, an entrepreneur with the ambitious dreams of sharing the world of dinosaurs with people. It wasn't about just imagining them or seeing them on the television, John wanted people to see them up close and personal. He invited Alan and Ellie to Jurassic Park, with the hope that if they witnessed it all that they would endorse his project and in return, he left them with the promise that he would fund their dig site for the next three years.

With funds lacking in their department, Alan and Ellie fell into a trap of golden promises and readily agreed to embark on the adventure. And while the idea had been beautiful and they were initially blown away by what they were able to observe, it had all gone to hell so quickly. The excitement of seeing everything that had once been extinct died along with many lives as they all came to realise just how lucky they were that the creatures were extinct in the first place.