Evolving

"So Ricko Suave, how did the date go yesterday?" Keira asked plopping down beside Lowery in the control room.

"Well, I burned dinner and spilled stuff all over Michelle so she left early."

"Oh." Keira said turning her chair to face the front. "Well, it could have been worse." she said.

"How?"

"I dunno! That's just something you say to comfort someone." she said.

He groaned resting his head back.

"Come on Lowery, you need to get out of this room. Take a day off."

"But who's going to run the room?"

"I will." Claire's voice said. They turned to see her smiling at them.

"See ol'Claire Bear's got this." Keira said grabbing Lowery and pulling him out of the room.

"Don't ever call me that again, Grant!" Claire called after her.

Owen and Barry stood above the enclosure where Blue was, for several hours she had been chirping and screeching.

"I don't what to make of her." Barry said.

"She's lost her pack, and we're pretty much forcing these two young ones on her." Owen said.

"Maybe we should start from the basics." he said. "Gain her trust again and we'll slowly introduce them. By scent and then limited facial interaction."

Owen nodded. "What would I do without you Barry?"

"Where are we going?" Lowery asked.

Keira shrugged. "Wherever you want to."

"I just want to crawl under a rock and die." he said.

"I know of a great rock in the plains that can assist you."

"Thanks." he said before she yanked him along.

Lowery had to admit, he was nervous. He didn't have much interaction with the dinosaurs besides the little plastic ones on his desk.

"They can smell fear Lowery." Keira told him as she felt him tense up beside her. He looked over at her wide eyed.

She giggled. "Lowery, chill, I'm bringing you to the plains to hang out with some tree huggers, not to the river to splash around with the Baryonyx."

"I...I don't know what to say to that."

"Good less talking, more walking."

Owen stood before Yang, the larger and calmer raptor as she was in the restraints. He eased his hand towards her. She didn't move, she just watched him, studying him. His hand touched over her head, before gliding over her neck.

"That's right, it's okay." he said in a low voice. She let a rumble in her throat that resembled her chirping noise. She closed her eyes.

Her heard squirming behind him and saw Yin fighting her restraints baring her teeth.

Barry walked over.

"You know, I'm thinking there might be something quite unique with Yang." he said.

"What do you mean?"

"I've never seen a carnivore so relaxed especially around something she could consider prey. Unlike her friend over here. They're from the same batch?"

Owen nodded. "I would assume, they hatched around the same time."

Barry shook his head. "I don't know, she puzzles me."