Chapter 20

You might think we are being mean but were not. The most the council would have done is put her in jail for a few years or ban her from the pack or any pack for that matter forcing her to become rouge. Cutting off her head is just a thought. She would have to really commit a crime like murder for that to happen. And sadly she didn't do that. She just started a fire and was just a bitch.

"You can't do that!" my ex mom yells. Jax and Nix just told them what is going to happen to her for the next five months. She's four months pregnant.

"We can and we are. The next five months she sits in a cell until the baby is born. Then we decide her true punishment." Jax says.

"What are you going to do then?" ex dad ask.

"It has not been decided yet. That is something for the entire council to decide." Jax's reminds them.

"Why is she being punished for something that happen five years ago. For something that bitch did? She never got punished for it!" ex mom snarls at Jax pointing at me. That didn't go to well with Nix. He grabbed her by the throat and pinned her against the wall.

"She didn't do it. She was punished for it. For years she was punished for something she didn't do. She lost everything. Her family, her pack. Her own damn mate rejected her because of a lie. She paid dearly for it!" he snarled at her. "Why do you hate your own daughter so much?!" he growled at her.

"Because...she's...not...mine" she choked out. I froze. We all froze.

"What?!" Jax ask shocked.

"That right the bitch isn't ours." ex dad says. "She's Alexis Franks daughter." he snickers. Nix freezes and drops her. He slowly turns to look back at me shocked.

"No it can't be." he whispers. Uh what's that's suppose to mean?

"But it is. When she left you she was pregnant." ex mom says.

"No no I would have known." he says staring at me.

"She found out a month after she left." she says. Nix just continues to stare at me. Why I don't know. I'm just shocked I'm not theirs. Happy but shocked.

"Is she alive?" are the words that came out of my mouth.

"No she died giving birth to you. You bitch you killed my sister." umm my now aunt said.

"YOU KNEW THIS WHOLE TIME AND DIDN'T TELL ME?!" Nix roars. Tell him what?

"No she didn't want that bitch growing up with you." my now ex aunt snarls at Nix.

"What?" I ask confused. Growing up with him? What's that suppose to mean?

Then it hit me like a tons of bricks.

"My father." I whisper.

I look back and fourth at them. I didn't know how to take it. I didn't know what to say. Nothing came to mind.

"I..I..I didn't know." Nix says.

"I don't understand." I say confused.

"My...my True mate left me when I became an elder and became a killing machine. I didn't know Nala I swear." he says. I don't know if it was because I was in shock but I just wasn't getting it.

"I don't understand." I repeat. He walks to me kneeling in front of me he takes my hand sighing.

"When I was younger Markus came to me. He heard about my fighting skills. He knew I was a good candidate to be on the council. I didn't fight unless it was to protect someone. Never to gain anything just to protect. I was always that way. I wasn't one for popularity, money or respect. I didn't care what people thought about me by then I had already found my mate. Markus asked me to be on the council. Yes I was young but I still had years to learn my role. She was fine with that but then Markus had me go thru tons of training. I became deadly. That she didn't like that part. She didn't care I was saving people. She only thought of me as a murder. But I couldn't give it up. She asked and asked but I couldn't. I knew I was doing good. I saved countless people. I've killed countless people. She only saw the killing. Never the saving. She finally decided to leave me. So I let her go. It hurt like hell but I let her go. I don't regret letting her go. I was put here to do something great. I got to save the innocent. I'm sorry Nala but I couldn't give up saving all those lives. If I knew she was pregnant I would have never let her go. I knew she died because I could feel it but I didn't know what from. I was thousands of miles away at the time on a mission. I couldn't get back and when I did I went straight to Dave's and Martha's house. They lied to me. They told me she was killed in a car accident. I just left after that and went back home. I was devastated but I walked away again. I'm so sorry Nala." he tells me. To say I was in shock was an understatement.