Chapter 3

I ran out the door and just ran. Ran, ran and ran. I couldn't tell you how long I ran for hours, days, weeks, years. It was probably just days. I just ran until I couldn't run no more. I knew I was in unknown territory. I could smell it but I didn't care. I needed to rest. I collapsed on the ground and cried.

I was cold, hungry, lonely and caked with mud. I'm sure I looked like a loon but didn't care. All the people I tried to avoid but couldn't probably look at me with a mixture of shock and pity thinking I was a homeless child. Well I was now. I crawled next to a tree and went to sleep. I woke up sometime later to people talking over me.

"Well wake her up." someone said.

"No she looks cute asleep plus she might be deranged or something. I don't want to get rabies." someone snickered.

"Oh god Hunter. She's not a dog you dimwit." another said.

"I vote we just wait for the alpha to show up." one said. That perked me up.

I pushed myself up so fast I could have giving myself some kind of injuries. I tried so hard to bury myself into a tree. I just wanted to be invisible. Please make them go away.

"Uh." a blonde boy said rubbing the back of his head.

"Hey were not going to hurt you." another blonde boy said.

"Our alpha might but we won't." a blacked haired boy snickered. I shook my head vigorously digging myself further into the tree.

"Shut up Hunter." a blonde snapped.

"He won't." said the other blonde.

"Uh why are you here?" Blondie asked. I just shook my head no. I knew I couldn't talk. My throat was already in fire.

"Little girl what are you doing in my territory." an older bald guy snarled coming up behind the boys. I'm guessing alpha.

He was scary as hell. Tattoos covering his body, bald, piercings on his face, big as a tanker. Yeah I was scared shitless. This tree better swallow me whole soon or I was going to die.

"Josiah." blackie sighed. "Don't scare the kitten. Gentle. Pet the kitty. We've talked about this." he tsk patronizing shaking his head. Josiah the alpha grunted flipping him off.

"Well?" he snarled at me. I just shook my head no again digging myself further into the tree.

"Sugar not vinegar." blackie said shaking his head.

"Shut up Grant before I kick your ass." Josiah snarled. "I need answers. Someone might be looking for her. She could be a danger to us." he finished. I scoffed shaking my head at that. I'm no danger and no one is looking for me. He kneels down in front of me. "What's your name?" he ask gently. I pointed to my throat. "Can you can't talk?" I shook my head no. He nods sighing standing up. "Take her to the house boys." he tells them. I begin to panic.

I tried to fight them off but they wouldn't let me go. Finally one grabbed my feet and one grabbed my hands hanging on to me tight. I finally gave up and just let them carry me. We walked a long way finally we came up to this huge mansion. Pack house. It was bigger than my old one. They carry me to an office and sit me down. One on each side of me. I guess to stop me in case I decide to make a run for it. Josiah hands me a piece of paper and pen. "Name." he grunts.

(Nala) I write.

"Where you from?"

(No where)

"Why you here?" I just shrug to that question. "You running away from home?" I just nod to that one. "Why?"

(They hate me)

"Why?"

(It's always been that way)"

"Why?" hell I don't know. So I just shrug. "What did you do?"

(Nothing)

"Then why?" hell might as well spell it all out for him.

(You want answers)" I write.

"It would be nice." he grunts. So I sighed writing down everything. Everything from when I could first remember them being mean to now. "So you have no place to go?" he ask after he reads it. I shook my head no. "You won't cause trouble?" he ask. I give him a confused look and he sighs. "Look I don't know if this is true or....." I cut him off by snatching the paper from him.

(I don't care if you believe me or not I know what's fucking true. I never lied before in my stupid pathetic life why would I start now. Just let me go so I can fucking go to sleep) I write pissed off. He stared at me for a few seconds.

"Alright." he actually chirps. "Show her to a room Damien." I give him another confused look. "Yes I'm letting you stay but no trouble out of you. Understood?" I nod an okay. "I'll send up a doctor for your throat." he tells me. I nod again sticking out my hand as a thank you. He shakes it actually smiling. "Your welcome Nala." I smile gratefully then Damien pulls me by the arm out of the office.

"This way short stack." Damien says as we walk down the hall. He leads me to a plain room. "If you stay I'm sure he'll let you fix it up." I nod. "Well get some sleep." he tells me. I nod again going to the bed. As soon as I hit the pillow I was out.

I woke up later to a knock at the door. I get up answering it. There's a older guy standing there.

"Hi I'm Doctor Miles I was told to come check you out. So let's get to it." he says guiding me to the bed. While he checks me out and me writing down everything that happen with the fire a girl around my age brings me some clothes. When he's done he tells me to take a shower and come down for dinner.

I do as he says but once I step out my door I freeze. I'm scared shitless luckily Damien comes out of his room giving me a pep talk. We walk down together going into the dining room.

"Ah our newest member." Josiah greets as we walk in. I got more scared when I saw everyone. This wasn't just a normal pack.

"Nala." Markus greets me. I meet him once after the fire. I was petrified.

"You know her?" Josiah ask him.

"Yes we go way back. This is the girl I was telling you about." Markus tells him.

"This is the girl?" he says in shock and with such disgust it had me waiting for the blow. I start tearing up. I knew this was not going to be good. "Oh no Nala please don't cry. I'm sorry. I didn't mean that towards you." he says getting up from his chair. "It's your pack. I heard about you from Markus. I believe you. They blame you for a fire you did not start correct?" he ask me. I just nodded. Then looked at Markus confused. How did he know?

"Nala I had people watching that pack for years because alpha Stone has had a mole in there and I've been trying to find him. I know you didn't start the fire but I had no proof. Sorry Nala but I couldn't go to the people with no proof. I tried to tell Stone it wasn't you but he wouldn't listen to reason. You were the only one at that fire so with that small evidence he wouldn't see other wise." he explains to me. I just nod an okay.

"If Markus says your alright I'll be more than happy to take you in." Josiah tells me. I just smile gratefully at him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vote, Comment!!!!!! Thanks for reading, fanning me, commenting and voting.