33. Psycho

note:

Sorry, it took so long, I just moved into my new apartment and I've been working a lot. 

enjoy(: 

Sam's POV

-

I finally had a shift with Bethany again, and it was incredibly awkward. We were currently just leaning against the worker counter while on our phones because conveniently the restaurant was empty.

But when it was busy earlier, Bethany barely spoke a word to me unless it pertained to the actual work at hand. She'd only tell me when it was my table, or if my food was out, or if a table looked like they needed the bill. Other than that, she didn't seem angry or sad about the whole Alexis thing, which was weird considering I was kinda upset by the fact that Alexis wouldn't talk to me about it.

I wondered if she'd ever talk about it again.

Currently, I was trying to scroll through social media while giving Bethany a side glance, but every time I caught her stare, she'd just look at me blankly and then go back to looking at her phone. I mean, I knew I was the reason why Bethany and Alexis broke up, but I felt like it wasn't fair for her to be angry at me for what happened. It's not like I chose to fall over a hurdle and initiate that whole fiasco.

But then again, if those weird feelings I had for Alexis festered into something more...then I felt like Bethany would have a reason to be upset with me.

Was that why she wasn't talking to me?

But there was no possible way that she could know that. I haven't told anyone about my potential feelings for Alexis, just because I wasn't sure if they were feelings at all. I wasn't sure if they were romantic, or if my heart just hurt because I knew we'd never have the same friendship again.

I wasn't sure what my feelings were anymore.

Finally, not being able to take the silence any longer, I took in a deep breath and turned towards the red-head. "Look...I'm sorry, I didn't mean for any of that...to happen. I didn't mean for you and Alexis to break up," I gulped as her surprised eyes looked back over at me.

"You're apologizing?" she said with a cocked eyebrow as she set down her phone to put all of her attention on me.

I nodded in reply as she sighed and pinched the bridge of her nose.

"Samantha, I'm not angry with you. You don't need to apologize." I lifted my head up in shock as I took in her words, which were verified by the serious look on her face.

"R-really? Why not?" I stuttered and glanced at the door, hoping another customer would save my life from this awkward situation right now.

She tilted her head, "Because it's not your fault?" she gave me a weird look then took another step closer than me for reassurance, "Look, whatever happened between Alexis and I was between the two of us. I even knew about her infatuation with her since day one, and I even chose to continue our relationship together."

She paused as I bit the inside of my cheek, trying to understand what she was telling me, "I'm sorry I blew up on you the other day. I guess after seeing her taking care of you by ignoring me - I guess that kind of made me snap." She shook her head, "I knew from day one that she'd always choose you..."

I watched as she lowered her head in silence, probably thinking about what she just said, and possibly what wasn't said between her relationship with Alexis. I suddenly felt bad for the red-head, not knowing that she willing entered a relationship with my best friend while Alexis was in love with me.

I wondered if Bethany was in love with Alexis? I mean, that was the only logical conclusion on why someone would put herself into a situation like that. Heck, my love for Isabelle was based on lies and mistakes, just like Alexis' and Bethany's relationship.