20. Spies

Note:

I'm sorry for not updating. I've just been really busy balancing school, work, and my girlfriend. I'm sorry.

So, enjoy.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Jason

I want some nachos.

Wait, no, you just had some nachos, Jason. JAY-SON. Jah-son. Hm. Which sounded cooler?

Or, did I want cereal?

I started ripping open the beer boxes down in the basement in order to restock the fridge down here. I mean, we party a lot, so might as well stock up on my favorite refreshment.

Holy shit, there's lucky charms in the pantry upstairs.

I finished the last of the boxes and groaned when I realized that I probably should've brought those few bottles of red wine that I bought earlier downstairs to store. I didn't really drink wine, but I knew Isabelle and Alex drank it every once in a while.

Alex.

Alex....is.

I groaned, feeling the unfamiliar sensation in my gut when I thought about her name. I still didn't understand what that girl did to me. She's just annoying-but extremely funny.

She's stupid. - but I am too.

She's incredibly sexy- but she complains when I text other girls.

But wait, that's bad of me....maybe I should stop that.

No! Girls are sexy.

Alexis is just....frustratingly perfect for me?

I mean, she takes care of me, even when she bitches at me I can see in her brown eyes that she's honestly worried for my safety, or the way her lips curve whenever I say something stupid...

Sighing, I started my way up the stairs while I pondered the Alexis dilemma.

Maybe I should take her out? Apologize? Get Sam to talk to her for me?

I don't know??

I made my way to the kitchen, looking for those stupid wine bottles so I could put them back downstairs again.

"Shush! You know what I mean!" I scrunched my eyebrows together, hearing Sam's voice. I looked over at the clock, realizing that it was well past two in the morning. Why the hell was Sam not asleep? Didn't she have school in like four hours?

"Sam?" I said tentatively, not really believing that she was still up this late. She always went to sleep early, or at least I thought she did every time I came home from the bar this late.

"Whatever." Wait, was that Alex? Was Alex and Isabelle crashing here for the night? What the hell? They didn't even tell me-

I rounded the corner and nearly doubled over in shock when I saw Alex and my little sister lying down on the floor together. Two opened, empty wine bottles laid beside them as Alex slowly moved her face-no, her lips, closer to my little sister's.

Oh. Fuck.

My eyes widened as I sprinted down the hallway, still not comprehending what I saw.

That's when it all clicked together, when Isabelle confessed that Alex was cheating on her with another girl, and the time Alexis caught Sam with a hickey at that bubble tea place...

I leaned over the banister of the stairs, my mind feeling a bit dizzy with confusion as I didn't know what to do in a situation like this.

My best friend's girlfriend is fucking my little sister?