23. Work

If you want to follow up on my life, I've made a new instagram. 

chickensare_rad

Also I thought whilst reading this chapter Sorry by Halsey would be a good fit.

-

Alexis' POV

It was Monday morning in Econ class, and we weren't doing shit. The teacher basically gave us a joke of a worksheet to finish before the end of class, and we already finished it ten minutes into class. Samantha was a bit silent today, but she looked painfully beautiful. 

I say this because she was wearing a maroon spaghetti strap dress that came high up on her neck but short upon her long legs. Her long dark blonde hair hung down in curtains down her back and shoulders, and I swear my breath caught in my throat. She could have easily been mistaken as Aphrodite herself. 

And just like Aphrodite, the goddess of love, beauty, and sexuality...barely visible makeup hidden hickies lined the beauty's shoulder. The usual Samantha would have at least tried to hide it from others, which it seems like she tried to as the same colored skin foundation lined her tanned skin. However, it was done carelessly, as if she wanted people to secretly know what she's been doing. 

Or who she has been doing. 

My heart kept doing somersaults and crashing into the ground as it was excited over seeing Samantha but disappointed in her sexual adventures.  

I didn't understand though. Our last conversation was at the cafe, where she completely intended on not seeing Isabelle Chase anymore. We didn't really talk this weekend, even though I apologized for not answering the phone on Saturday. She said it was fine and wanted to go out for coffee, but I declined as I was still heartbroken over the fact that Samantha actually was sleeping with Isabelle. 

But I was a fucking hypocrite. 

My mind kept telling me to stay away from Samantha, as it kept screaming the word "slut" throughout my mind. But who was I to judge? I've slept with a fuck load of people throughout the years, and Samantha has only slept with three....that I knew of. Well, for the most part two, as Jordan basically raped her for a few weeks without us knowing. 

Yet, even though she's only been with a few people, why did my mind scream danger every time I thought about loving her? The innocent Samantha Sumner basically held my heart at gunpoint, and I was willing to do anything for the girl. Shit, after I left Bethany's house on Saturday, I ended up driving to an abandoned parking lot and crying my eyes out. My parents barely even noticed my harsh red eyes. This was the main reason why I couldn't face Samantha this weekend, I was too hurt to even look into those beautiful grey eyes of hers. 

And yet, whilst I cried my eyes out this weekend, Samantha was apparently fucking Isabelle again. I knew it. I also knew that if I were to ask her if she did, she probably wouldn't even deny it. Even if her body glowed of beauty, her eyes looked dull and dead. They weren't the usual blissful eyes full of innocent wonder that she usually adorned. She didn't look like the normal Samantha Sumner. 

She looked broken. 

I looked over to the far left, noticing that Cameron was chatting away with a group of people known as stoners. I sighed, knowing that our friendship was falling apart nowadays. Ever since she snapped on Samantha the other day, she hasn't been talking to us ever since. I mean, I tried texting her the other day, and she was at least civil with me, but she never put herself within ten feet of Samantha. I wonder what she was thinking, and out of all people, why would she be hanging out with them? She knows that coach would kill us if she failed a random drug test.