18. Family Dinner

My eyes widened as I jumped down the stairs to grab my MacBook into my arms, completely forgetting about what I just witnessed between Isabelle and Alex

"ARE YOU OKAY?" I yelled out as I scanned my computer for any scratches. I opened it up to check to see if it was working properly and sighed in relief as everything seemed to be okay. I would not have heard the end of it if Jason found out I broke my laptop from dropping it down the stairs.

While spying on Alex and Isabelle. 

I started to pet my laptop, my heart still beating loudly in my ears, still not believing that I did that.

"Um. Are you talking to your laptop?" I looked up, shocked to see a pair of golden brown eyes staring at me curiously. My eyes glanced down at her lips momentarily, seeing that they were a bit swollen from Isabelle's lips. I bit my lower lip in thought, not understanding the sudden emptiness I felt in the pit of my stomach. I saw Alex's eyes flicker down to them. However, my thoughts were interrupted as I noticed Isabelle cough behind Alex. 

My eyes widened, taking in Isabelle's face. She was looking in-between Alex and I, and my gosh, she looked pissed. I was about to open my mouth to say that I definitely wasn't checking her hot-I mean, her girlfriend out, but I was interrupted by Alex. (What? I had to at least admit that she was pretty?)

"Are you okay Sam?" Alex said as she raised an eyebrow, silently putting her hand on my knee. I glanced down at it, seeing her perfectly manicured nails, then noticing that I was still on the ground as she was crouched down. 

"Uh, yeah. Sorry, I was worried about my...laptop." I gulped then grabbed my laptop in my arms while getting up with Alex. I glanced over at Isabelle again, whose eyes were now a cloudy dark blue-I bit my lower lip, knowing that she'd probably confront me later on. 

"I see," Isabelle responded for Alex, making the tension between us even worse. I stared at her, taking in the black leggings she was wearing, noticing that they hugged her waist and made her legs look absolutely beautiful. How was I so lucky to have her? 

But did I have her?

I thought back to the kiss Alex and Isabelle both shared only a few moments ago, then mentally hit myself, knowing that there was probably a good answer to that. I looked over to the front door, noticing that Jason was was home. I frowned, hearing Alexis and Cameron on the other side of the door too.

"NO. I AM GOING TO COOK." Alexis proclaimed as she marched right in with a bottle of wine in her hand. I gave her a weird look, but she just kept marching on into the kitchen, with Cameron in tow. 

"I swear-if you touch anything in the kitchen, we'll all die." Cameron said tiredly as she put a few bags of groceries down on the kitchen floor. Jason followed suit by placing a few more bags on the ground, however, my eyes narrowed as I saw Jason's hand graze Alexis' butt for a second. Was I just over-imagining things? 

I blinked, not understanding what I just saw, but I couldn't confirm it as Alexis was rummaging through the fridge at the moment. Jason was putting stuff in the cupboards, Alex wandered into the kitchen too, while Isabelle pried the wine bottle out of Cameron's hands. 

I walked into the kitchen too, not really knowing why everyone was in the kitchen. "Um. So, uh, what's up?" I bent over to grab a box of noodles and a pack of pepperoni from the grocery bags. I raised an eyebrow at Jason, wondering why he had actual food, as he only ate cereal and take out. 

"I thought it would be a good idea to have a family dinner!" He proclaimed while Alexis started the oven. We all looked at her in fear.

"But...Uh, I can cook Alexis..." Jason said tentatively while casually prodding her out of the way. Cameron nodded in agreement while Alexis gave them both glares.