Chapter 18- Courting A Goddess

***PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO VOTE IF YOU LIKED THIS CHAPTER!***

Song: Earth Angel (cover by Nicholas Wells)

CHAPTER 18- COURTING A GODDESS

Zeus’ Chambers
Mount Olympus

-Zeus-

“Are you sure about what you’re telling me?” I hissed.

Eros lifted both his hands, palm-up in a defensive gesture. Then, he shrugged. “Why are you even consulting me if you don’t want to believe in the things I am telling you?” he answered with an exasperated sigh.

“Fine! Get on with it!” I shouted and thunder roared outside.

Eros rolled his eyes at my display of temper.

“I told you that this is going to be a long process. Just think of this as your penance for all the centuries of pain you put her through.”

“I know! Now get on with it!”

Again, Eros rolled his eyes and leaned back in his chair. We were at my chambers where we could have privacy instead of talking in the Throne Room where anyone could pop in and listen. Here, no one dared enter this wing of Olympus for they feared my wrath.

“I know all the courtship rituals practiced all over the globe. Some are different and specific for only one culture or place but some of them are common and true for all. We will start with this. I already told you about the gifts…”

I sighed. Hera returned all of my gifts. I used to give her the most beautiful and rarest gems Hades found before he had his queen. I had Hephaestus fashion them into the most beautiful jewelries—those fit for a queen to wear.

But when Hera left me, she threw all those away and gave it to my mistresses.

“Hera is not the sort of woman to be swayed by gifts. She can have everything she wants and there’s nothing else that I can give her,” I answered with a defeated sigh.

“Don’t look so sad now. You don’t have to give her jewelries all the time. Gifts are more appreciated because it comes from the heart rather than because of its monetary value.”

I just stared at him.

Eros sighed. “Think of something you can give her that will show her what you really feel. Something that cannot be found elsewhere or something that is different. Something that you’d express much effort to find or make.”

“Give me examples,” I commanded. This session was really getting on my nerves.

“Thanatos gave Aurea a bracelet. It was a diamond but he put some of his power into it and turned it black. His power swirls inside the diamond making it one of a kind.”

I stopped. “Thanatos and Aurea?!? Not going to happen. Hades will throw a fit.”

Eros just smirked as if he knew something that I didn’t. It irked on my nerves and I made a mental note to find out what the secret is. But that would have to be for later. Right now, I need to know everything about courting a goddess.

“So have you thought of what to give her?” Eros asked.

I rummaged my mind for a gift fit for a queen. Something special but not something that is expensive. And then suddenly, a light bulb was switched on and I had this brilliant idea.