Chapter 31- No More Lightning

***PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO VOTE FOR THE STORY IF YOU LIKED IT!***

CHAPTER 31- NO MORE LIGHTNING

New York Hospital
New York City

-Hera-

"What? Where are we going?" I asked.

I looked around the room where I spent my days thinking I was a mortal. It was empty now. The walls were devoid of the paintings Theo loaned me so my room will feel much more like home. My meager belongings were now packed in a small box which was slung under Thanatos' arm.

His face didn't hold any expression as he stared at the floor.

"We're not going back to the Underworld, are we?"

Thanatos shook his head.

I almost sighed with relief. The Underworld was like my home. But now, the majestic walls reminded me so much of Theo and his afterlife-- one he now shared with Pauline.

"So where?" I persisted.

"Just trust me. All your questions will be answered when we arrive," he answered in a flat tone.

I sighed. My hand rose to rub at the hollow spot in my chest. Last night, I was awoken from my sleep when I felt pain. Tremendous, searing pain. It felt like my body and my soul was being torn in two. And then it stopped suddenly leaving this hollow feeling inside my chest.

Come to think of it, the pain felt much like when I left Zeus. Except that this one was multiplied by a thousand-- maybe even a million times.

I immediately thought about Erebus. When I woke up, I felt his power in the air. Did he launch another attack? Was Thanatos taking me somewhere the council deemed as safe?

"We aren't going back to Olympus, are we?" I asked.

For the first time since he arrived to collect me, the expressionless mask Thanatos wore broke. His eyes flashed with fury. Then, his elegant features twisted with pain. And then it was gone.

It left me thinking that maybe I just imagined everything.

"No," he answered in a clipped tone.

"Come, Hera. We can't waste any more time," he said as he offered his hand. Shadows started to fill the room. I clasped his outstretched hand and closed my eyes as the feeling of weightlessness suffused me.

When I opened my eyes, I was in familiar surroundings.

I dropped his hand and whirled.

"You said we weren't going back to Olympus!" I shouted.

I summoned my power to leave this place. I did not know where I was going and I had no plans. I just wanted to get out of here and as far away as possible.

Thanatos' power quickly enveloped me and cloaked me with his shadows.

"Look around you, Hera. This is not Olympus," he spat.

His icy tone took me aback and I took a quick look around. At first glance, the place looked so much like Olympus. But there were also slight differences.

Where the view in Olympus consisted much of clouds and clear, blue skies, this one had rolling green hills and trees. There was magic in the air just like in Olympus but it was very faint here. Olympus always had an air of peace, power and elegance. This had elegance and what seemed to be a very somber mood.

"Where are we?" I asked.

"Scotland."

"What? Why? What's this?" I asked as I took another look around me. Why was there an exact replica of Olympus in Scotland?