Chapter 26- She's Gone?

***PLEASE VOTE AND OR COMMENT IF YOU LIKED THE STORY! THANKS! ***

CHAPTER 26- SHE'S GONE?

-Zeus-

The Throne Room

Mount Olympus

One week later...

"Gods, brother! Stop this madness!"

I groaned. Hearing Hades' voice felt like my head being hammered. But I refused to move. I was slumped on my throne but I was perfectly comfortable even amidst the bottles of wine scattered around me.

"Pull yourself together, Zeus!" Poseidon shouted. Great, another nail was hammered to my head.

"Go away," I mumbled. But it sounded something like: mmway.

"Zeus!" Someone roughly shook me. I let electricity course through my entire body and felt the offending person leap back as thousands of volts of electricity coursed through him.

I thought I won this battle but was suddenly doused with what felt like oceans of ice-cold water.

This got me bolting upright.

"What the hell?!?" I roared. The sudden movement got the world spinning and I spun along with it. Would have fallen to the cold, marble floor had Hades not flung his hand and steadied me with his power.

"Zeus, stop this! This isn't you!" Hades shouted.

I slowly rolled upright and leaned against the foot of my throne. Through bloodshot eyes, I looked at both of my brothers.

"What is me, exactly?" I whispered. "I'm the King of Olympus who's known through how many affairs he's had. I'm the King who cheated on his Queen for thousands of centuries. I'm not good for anything except chasing women, right?"

Their silence hurt the most.

I knew what everyone thought of me. I've tried to change so many times to stop disappointing so many people but only ended up hurting them even more-especially Hera. But Hades' and Poseidon's silence still hurt for it felt like a confirmation. And it was one that weighed heavily on my heart.

Hades opened his mouth to speak but I lifted a hand to stop him. Well, what was he going to say? Tell me to fix my life and put Olympus in order? Tell me we're going on another disastrous mission to hunt Erebus? More advice on how I should go and win Hera back?

I snorted.

Well, the last one's ship has already sailed and sunk. Hera was never taking me back. And never is a long time especially for one like me who lived for the rest of eternity. Knowing this and the inevitability of it was what was slowly killing me inside.

Hades and Poseidon moved closer. Poseidon snapped his fingers and the puddle of water around me evaporated. But the bastard didn't even think to dry me. My two brothers sat beside me. I saw Hades reach for the bottle of Greek wine by the floor.

He took a long swig before speaking.

"It's never too late, Zeus."

Another snort. I moved to grab the bottle from Hades but Poseidon beat me to it.

It actually is too late. There's nothing more I can do.

Instead of replying, I lifted my palm. Both my brothers watched as tiny thunderbolts appeared on my hand and then it turned into a glowing orb of light. I threw the light and it flew to the middle of the room where it expanded into what seemed to be a large screen.