The Fag Swag {31}

“Nick?” Mom cracked my door open and peered in.

                She stepped in and covered her mouth with her hand as her eyes widened. She pulled her hand away and let out a squeal before rushing over and wrapping her arms around me.

                “My baby boy is so handsome!” she gushed.

                She released me and gripped my shoulders, eyeing me carefully before pulling me in to hug me again. Oh my lanta. This woman.

                “Mom,” I said and squirmed uncomfortably.

                She giggled and released me, eyeing me again. “Sorry Nicky. You just look so handsome! Oh, you dirty boy. You’re going to get laid tonight.” She sighed sadly. “I wish you would stop being so slutty and just respect yourself Nick.”

                “Mom,” I groaned, face palming myself. “I need to go pick up Phil. I’m going to be late.”

                Her eyes watered a little as she handed me the car keys. “Oh Nicky! Stop growing up! Why can’t you just be my little boy again?” she asked, wiping at her eyes.

                I smiled at her softly and hugged her. “Mom, calm down. I’m just going on a date. We can watch Disney movies together this week if it makes you feel better,” I said gently.

                She sniffed and nodded, patting my back so that she wouldn’t mess my hair up. I kissed her cheek before leaving and getting in the car.

                I drove to Phil’s house and pulled into the driveway. Phil came out and got in the car. I frowned at him as he put on his seatbelt.

                “Did your mom punish you?” I asked, looking at his eye. It looked like he had just been punched.

                Surprisingly, Phil shook his head. I pulled out of the driveway as he checked his eye in the mirror and glared at his reflection.

                “One of my mom’s boyfriends pissed her off. He wouldn’t leave the house no matter how many times she asked, so I tried to make him. He hit me, and my mom chased him out,” he said, gently touching his eyes and wincing a little.

                I bit my lip. “Phil, you really love your mom, huh?”

                He looked at me in surprise. “What the fuck kind of question is that Nick? Of course I love my mom,” he said in confusion.

                “I was just wondering. She seems to punish you a lot is all,” I said quietly.

                He shrugged. “Because I misbehave a lot. That’s all. She’s a great mom. She buys me things and feeds me and cares for me even though she doesn’t have a lot of money. I love my mom.”

                I mentally groaned. She was terrible to him, but how could I plot to get him away from her? Phil loved his mom. He would hate me forever if I got them separated.

                I pushed it out of my mind. I could talk to my dad about that later. For now, I just grabbed Phil’s hand and smiled at him, loving him.

                I pulled into the parking lot of the restaurant we were meeting Shaw and his boyfriend, Chandler, at. We got out of the car and I smiled as I saw Shaw and Chandler standing by the door.