The Fag Swag {8}

“He said he thinks I’m a liar and he’s going to find out tomorrow,” I said miserably as I sat in Molly’s dining room with her.

                Molly pat me on the back sympathetically. “He’s probably catching onto the fact that you’re not actually a mean person. You need to step it up Nicky,” she said.

                “I can’t step it up Molly! I’m not a mean person,” I said in frustration. “I feel bad when I’m mean to Phil!”

                “Nick, come on. Everyone takes advantage of you and I’m sick of watching it happen. You need to learn to stand up to people,” Molly said with a deep frown.

                “But Phil’s different! He’s like a little kid. He gets, I don’t know, confused I guess. Like me being mean to him confuses him. I don’t get it, and I don’t like it. He’s like Derek Hale from Teen Wolf. I can’t decide if he’s a good guy, or a bad guy,” I said with a helpless shrug.

                “And there’s your fag swag again Nicky. Stop watching Teen Wolf! That show is for teen girls!” she said and sighed impatiently. “Anyways, Angel said it confuses him too. He said Phil gets like that sometimes, but he does it a lot more around you.”

                “Great,” I groaned, burying my face in my hands.

                Molly pat my back again before jumping up. “Come on Nicky; let’s grab some snacks and go outside,” she said, dragging me to the kitchen.

                We grabbed some chips and soda before going into her backyard. We crawled onto her trampoline and laid together, eating and drinking in comfortable silence.

                “Well, I’ll keep an eye out for him tomorrow and see if Angel can figure out what he’s up to,” Molly said after a few minutes.

                “Don’t let him kill me. This is your fault. We’re not friends anymore,” I said, frowning deeply.

                “Shut up Nick. We’d be friends even if I chopped off your arms and beat you with them,” Molly said, rolling her eyes.

                I pouted, knowing it was true.

                “Can we please just do something to get my mind off of this?” I begged.

                Molly nodded. We ended up riding bikes around her neighborhood and playing Sims in her room before getting tired.

                “Spend the night,” she said, pulling me over to her bed and laying down. I nodded and let out a yawn.

                We got comfortable on her bed and I stared at her ceiling as she fell asleep. I cleared my thoughts and let myself drift off to sleep as well.

                                                                                                ***

                I bit into the pizza I had bought for lunch as I waited patiently for Molly. She had gone to get her Spanish stuff out of her locker.

                I had managed to successfully avoid Phil today, with Molly’s help. She had kept a lookout for him and steered me clear of him.

                “Hi Nick,” Molly said brightly, sitting next to me.

                “Hi Mol-” I started but cut off and gulped as Angel and Phil dropped next to her with their lunches.