The Fag Swag {11}

“Come on. My bus is over here,” I grumbled, leading Phil. I hadn’t seen Molly today, but she promised me she would be waiting at my bus.

                And there she was, my beautiful, evil best friend tapping her foot impatiently next to my bus. I stepped up to her and she glared and slapped me.

                “Ow! What was that for?” I whined, rubbing my cheek.

                “Don’t hang up on me while I’m trying to tell you things!” she snapped before grabbing my hand and dragging me onto the bus.

                Phil followed us and sat down across from me and Molly. I pulled out my iPod and gave Molly a headphone.

                “So what did you have to tell me?” I asked her as Mayday Parade played.

                Molly sighed. “Never mind it now Nick,” she grumbled. I shrugged and leaned back against the seat, enjoying the music.

                I stood up when we reached my house, motioning for Phil to follow us. We got off the bus and I froze as we started up my drive way.

                “Uh…have to get the mail. Hang on,” I said to Phil, grabbing Molly’s wrist and dragging her down to my mailbox.

                “Molly, my mom’s going to ruin this! She’ll yell at me if I’m being mean to Phil,” I hissed as I opened the mailbox.

                Molly waved her hand dismissively. “Nick, don’t worry. I’ve got it covered. We’ll introduce Phil, and then I can get rid of your mom for a little,” she said before walking back over to Phil.

                Oh god. She was going to kill my mom. I wasn’t sure whether to be happy or worried about that.

                We went inside and took our shoes off before I led Phil and Molly upstairs. I kept my eyes peeled for any sign of my mom.

                “Nick?” mom called. I winced.

                “Y-Yea mom?” I called back, glancing at Phil out of the corner of my eye.

                Mom came out and smiled widely. “Nick! You brought your friends home,” she said brightly.

                “Uh…mom, this is Phillip Brooks,” I said, gesturing at him. Ah shit. Tough act. Come on Nick; tough act. “He’s not my friend. I have to tutor him,” I added and glared at him.

                Mom opened her mouth to yell at me, but Molly stepped up and gave her a sweet smile. “Mrs. Bradley, you look so nice today!” she said.

                “Well thank you Molly!” mom said with a bright smile.

                “Mrs. Bradley, I don’t mean to be any trouble, but since we’re staying for dinner, I thought I should tell you that I’m a vegetarian now. It’s something my family is trying,” Molly lied easily.

                Mom gasped. “Oh Molly! I only have meat for dinner! I’ll go out to the store right now and buy something that you can eat. Nick, behave, and keep it in your pants young man,” mom said, rushing by us to get her car keys.

                We listened to the front door shut and Molly smirked. “I love you,” I mouthed at her gratefully before leading her and Phil to my room.