19. Texts

"We can fix it, no problem. Come back in about two to three hours and it'll be done."

"Okay. Thanks," I hand over my cracked phone to the phone fixing guy (lol I don't know what to call it) and walked out of the store.

I pulled out my mom's old Blackberry, the one I'm supposed to use during emergencies, and placed my SIM card in there. Even if it's only for a few hours, who knows when I'll need my phone?

Immediately after I turn on the phone, a new text message arrives.

From: Aleks

Time: 2:17

Sparky. I love you. Please answer.

Tears threatened to fall. No. I've cried enough times, especially because of Aleks. I can't cry now, especially not out in public. I look around, and notice a small Starbucks a few steps away to my left.

When I go inside, I'm greeted with the familiar scent of coffee beans and whipped cream. A soothing jazz song plays over the speakers in the ceilings and I can almost feel the blood in my body cooling.

"One venti caramel frappuccino, please," I handed the barista my Starbucks card, and returned it back safely to my wallet after he swiped it on the computer thing.

My Blackberry made a Ping noise, to alert me of another text message.

From: Aleks

Time: 2:26

Please, I'm losing my mind because I love you so much. Please call.

I sipped at my icy beverage and tried to ignore the tears that were threatening to fall in my eyes. Aleks isn't the only one losing his mind.

Only I think I'm going crazy for different reasons.

I also got multiple texts and missed calls (that I did not call back) from my friends. Joell even left two voice messages.

"Sparky? Kevin called me after the party and said you bailed; with Aleks? I called them and you're not answering. Please call back, at least to Kevin, I think he almost cried."

The second one wasn't as forgiving. Her voice was laced with suspicion and a thick undertone of accusation. But she spoke gently enough.

"Is there something up? Maybe I don't know you well enough yet, but you're acting weird; like, you're scaring us, bitch. Do you have something you want to say? ...Sparky you can talk, to me, Kevin, even Aleks. Nik, Rebel, Jo and Kat are there for you too, okay? Dammit, call back."

Kevin had sent a text too, but he had given up shortly, unlike Aleks.

Sparky, I don't know what happened during the party, or after. Did Aleks do or say something to you? Call or text back. I love you.

-K

I ran into my car, a small black colored cube car. Tears ran down my cheeks. So much for not crying. I'm such a bad person.

Quickly rereading Aleks' last text one more time, I shoved the phone into my bag. I can pick up my fixed phone later, that can wait. I've got something much more serious to deal with.

I'm sick and tired of hiding and lying and cheating. I'm sick telling Kevin I love him, then lying to his face. I'm sick of sneaking around with Aleks, and falling in love with him.

Once and for all, I'm going to fix this mess that I've made.

It's all just a matter of whether or not I've made the right decision.