10) Finally omfg

Aleks POV

I know this is stupid of me and I've completely fucked myself and at the end I'll be the bad guy, but... I have fallen in love with Sparky.

Aside from being incredibly hot, she had this really fun personality, and you just want to imitate everything she does, want to be as easily liked as her.

And yes, there's also the fact that she's dating Kevin... but I choose not to dwell on the past.

Which is hilarious because the past has shaped me into a doom and gloom dark eyed person. Eddie still thinks I'm being overdramatic (by being emotionless... weird huh?) but Kevin is oddly quiet on the topic of my sudden change of personality.

Only one person knows about what Kevin did to me; James. After running off like a loser, I crashed into James, tears streaking down my sweaty face.

James: dude holy shit what happened

Me: *crying*

James: Aleks??

Me: I. Fucking. Hate. Everything.

James: ...

Me: and Kevin

James: what??

Two more sobs and then blubbery sentences of how I saw Kevin and Tiffany smooching came pouring out my mouth. James stood awkwardly beside me, taking in my barely understandable words.

"Woah... what a dick."

"What a response."

"Hey, don't be a jerk about it."

"Don't tell anyone."

"What? Why"

"Just don't."

"Fine."

For the next week and a half, James kept shooting me these looks every time Kevin passed by, but I tried my best to ignore him.

/abandoned garden behind forest behind house/

The chains for the swig set was rusty an would break any time, the slide was grimy with I-don't-want-to-know-what, and the monkey bars looks like torture devices. This is my hiding place.

I sat beside the swing set, leaning my back on one of the supporters. Everything in my life was getting messy... and I need a moment to think.

Suddenly, the bushes near me rustle... and out emerges a head of light brown hair, a clear face with a pair of attention demanding turquoise eyes.

Sparky.

Her eyes meet mine, and twinkle.

"Hey Aleks! Didn't think I'd see you here..."

Yeah, me neither.

"Uhm... yeah what're you doing here?"

"Uh... I wanted to get used to the neighborhood... and then got lost."

"I'll bring you back home if you like."

"That's be coolness."

I smiled, and she took a seat beside me. I self consciously picked at the lint on my hoodie, feeling as though I was not dressed for this occasion.

She wore a beige sleeveless shirt with a kitty on it, black denim shorts with tiny sunflower patterns and pink converse sneakers.

"So, uh. How often are you here?

"A lot"

"Wow... am I intruding your hideout spot?"

Yes. "Maybe."

"I'm sorry... Should I leave?"

"No... it's fine."

She fiddled with her laces.

And then a minute later I felt this overwhelming surge to kill myself because:

1. I wrapped my arms around Sparky's waist

2. I pulled her in so close I could smell her Bath & Body Works strawberry flavored lotion

3. I smashed my lips against hers

4. She didn't pull back

My eyes were closed, and tingles went up and down my spine as Sparky pulled closer, her lips tasting like peppermint Eclipse.

This is unbelievable. I've just kissed Sparky.

And I deeply regret it.