11) Complications

Sparky's POV

I hate myself.

Why? Because something very bad and very wrong is happening, and I play a major part of it.

When I was barely three, my parents had a divorce because my dad, who was a major businessman, was cheating on my mom with one of his clients. Pretty much my whole life, Mom has been looking down on cheaters.

Little does she know she has raised a daughter who has done exactly what she despises: cheating.

Well I didn't do anything wrong at first, when Aleks kissed me... but every bone in my body, every cell of blood pumping through my vessels, and nerve running through my body screamed KISS HIM BACK.

And I did.

God I have majorly fucked up in the past but this is seriously degrading for me. Am I really going to stoop so low and kiss someone behind Kevin's back... not to mention that someone is his best friend.

I heard a few quiet knocks on my window, and acting on instinct, I threw open the round window, a cool blast of air hitting my face.

"Sparky?" Aleks' voice rang out, quiet and nervous but clear.

"Uh. Aleks."

His emotionless eyes twinkled under the moonlight. It was two hours past midnight and I can't sleep. His thin lips were pressed together in a tight, straight line.

I stared down at his arms, then my own, which were leaning on the window frames. Our pale skin seemed to glow under the moonlight, and my hair was flying in all sorts of wild directions from the wind.

"Sparky... I'm so sorry..."

"Please don't be... I am too..."

"But for what?!"

"..."

"Look, let me just say it: Sparky, I am undeniably in love with you. Everything you do makes me feel electrified and I know I shouldn't be doing this to Kevin but I. Love. You."

My mouth was dry. I knew what I was supposed to do. Tell him he's a traitor and a dumb friend, threaten him to never speak to me ever again and then slam my window shut. I'd also eventually have to work up the courage to admit what had happened to Kevin...

But here's what happened instead:

I reached out my right arm, my left gripping the window frame tightly so I wouldn't fall out, and with the tips of my fingers I touched his bare arms. He leaned forward too, twinkly eyes suddenly bursting with emotion and passion.

Our fingers intertwined, and a small smile appeared on our lips. We were too far away but I was nearly tempted to just jump over the few feet gap between us and just kiss him madly.

Just as I was sliding into my bed, my heart beating a million miles and my eyes heavy, a light tickle went up and down my right ring finger, and a minute later my phone screen turned on with a new message.

Fuck. Kevin just tickled me through our bond touch rings. I picked up my phone, wanting to just read the text in the morning, but I saw the sender's name. Kevin.

Hey babe... can't fall asleep cuz I'm thinking about you... ;)

<3 Kev