16) Suspicion

The next Tuesday morning, I woke up to a blaring alarm. But it didn't bother me. That much.

I got up and prepared for my day, finishing quicker than I usually do. My hair looked fluffy and shiny, tumbling down my shoulders in wavy, eye-catching locks. My ghostly pale skin glowed under the sun, which was just the right amount of bright but not burning hot. The dark circles under my eyes had cleared up, and my turquoise eyes weren't droopy or half lidded.

The muscle cramps were stretched out and I felt healthier than ever. I swiped a thin layer of Baby Lips on my Cupid bow lips and got dressed.

I wore light blue denim shorts, a white sweatshirt and black ballet flats. I grabbed my backpack and the lunch my mom packed for me (as usual she isn't home already) and left for school.

On my way, I met up with Aleks, following closely by Kevin. I looped my arm around Kevin's and grinned. But turned around quickly and blew a seductive kiss at Aleks, all before Kevin could see.

"You look like you're in a good mood."

"Well I am."

"That's great. You seemed so sad yesterday."

Aleks smirked. "Maybe she was on shark week."

I rolled my eyes.

"Little bitch."

"Shit face."

"Fuck you."

"Sure."

Kevin's arm stiffened for a moment, and when I looked up his eyes were staring straight ahead. Shit. Were we leaving him out?

"Hey Kevin, Starbucks later?"

"Uh. Yeah, yeah. Yeah after school."

He relaxed a bit, and the muscles in his arm weren't stiff anymore. But when I looked up his eyes were staring straight ahead, almost blank. I looked back at Aleks. I nodded my head at Kevin, a question look on my face.

But Aleks simply shrugged, raised his eyebrows and looked away.

Maybe Kevin woke up in the wrong side of the bed.

/lunch/

"Oh. My. God. Guys!"

Joell slid into her seat graciously, daintily placing her tray on the table. She usually didn't eat a lot, just a healthy portion of salad, a carton of soy milk a square of chocolate. Today, lying on her tray was a large plate of spaghetti, a small dish of fries, two packs of mini cinnamon rolls, a can of grape fanta and a bite size vanilla cupcake.

Nikki raised her eyebrows and

--------lol

Rand cliffhanger cuz I fuckin' can.