THIRTY-TWO

THIRTY-TWO 

"When did you get there?" Rafael asks as we sit in Mr. Stilinski's office. Scott, Stiles, and I sit on one seat, Stiles and I squished together, and Kira on another seat. 

"At the same time." My boyfriend answered. Mr. Stilinski was behind Rafael. 

"At the same time as who?" I roll my eyes at Rafael. 

"Same time as me." Scott pointed at himself. 

"By coincidence?" Rafael asked. 

"What do you mean coincidence?" Stiles said. 

"That's what I'm asking you." Rafael snapped. "The two of you arrived at the same time. Was that coincidence?" 

"Are you asking me?" Scott said, making me smirk. 

"I think he's asking me." Stiles said. 

"I think he's asking all of us." I whisper to them. 

"Okay, let me answer the questions." I raise an eyebrow. Okay. "Y-" Rafael cuts himself off. "Let me ask the questions." Stiles pointed at Rafael and winked, making me giggle a little. "Just so I have this absolutely clear. Barrow was hiding n the chemistry closet at the school. Someone left him a coded message on the blackboard telling him to kill Kira. Then Barrow took Kira to a power substation and tied her up with the intent of electrocuting her, which blacked out the entire town." 

"Sounds about right." I nod. 

"How did you know he'd take her to the power substation?" Rafael questioned further. Oh, because I'm a banshee who can sense death/near-death experiences. Along with Lydia, who's also a banshee and we're somehow connected. 

"Well, cause he was an electrical engineer," Stiles said. "So where else would he take her?" Stiles and I glance at each other. 

"That's one hell of a deduction there, Stiles," Rafael commented. 

"Yeah, what can I say?" Stiles shrugged. "I get it from my pops. He's in law enforcement." Stiles then winked at Mr. Stilinski who let out a snort then a chuckle. Rafael turned his head around to Mr. Stilinski, who then coughed to cover it up. 

"Stiles, just, uh... answer the man." Mr. Stilinski said. 

"We made a good guess." Stiles answered.  

"What were the two of you doing?" Rafael looked between Kira and Scott. 

"Eating sushi." 

"Eating pizza." 

Kira and Scott looked at each other with wide eyes. 

Oh, this is bad. 

"Eating sushi." 

"Eating pizza." 

I mentally facepalmed. 

"Eating sushi and pizza." They both said at the same time. 

"You believe this?" Rafael asked Stilinski. 

"To be honest, I haven't believed a word a word Stiles has said since he learned how to speak." That made me grin, I turn my head to Stiles', who's mouth hung open slightly. I closed it for him, he rolled his eyes at me. 

"You're gonna catch flys," I whisper to him, making him snort. 

"But I think these kids found themselves in the right place at the right time and that girl sitting there is very lucky for it." Mr. Stilinki said. 

"Kira, is that how you remember it?" Rafael asked her. Kira looked at Scott, Stiles and I both lean forward, waiting for her to answer. 

Kira looked at Rafael in the eyes. "Yes. Can I get my phone back now?" Kira asks. 

Rafael shakes his head softly. "Sorry, but no." On the table was Kira's phone in a plastic bag. We soon leave the office, I followed Sitles' out and Rafael handed the phone to a deputy. "Kira, a deputy is going to take you home. But we'll need you to fill out some paper works first. "Scott... Stacey," Rafale had shut the door, Scott and I both turn around. "I don't know why you guys are lying. Or why Stilinski is content to listen to this crap. But try and remember something. If half this story about Barrow is true, then not only did someone help him loose, but he's a pawn in their little game. A mass murder is bad enough. A mass murder being controlled by someone? Far worse." 

"Yeah, we get it." Scott nodded. 

"All right, go home. It's a school night." I scoff. I turn around and waiting there was Stiles for me, I take ahold of his hand we both went to his. 

"Class starts in five minutes," Coach spoke over the megaphone as he walks down the hallways. "Just because there's no power don't expect there to be no school." I had pressed my back against a locker beside Stiles'. 

"That was a tripled negative there, very impressive, Coach!" Stiles called out to him, making me laugh. 

"Copy that." 

I giggle, as Stiles puts a few books in his locker. "Oops." Stiles mutter, as he had pushed the keys of his locker that landed on the ground. He bends down and picks it up. He holds a specific key from the chain. "Hello. Where did you come from?" 

"You memorize your keys?" I ask, and he looked at me. 

"Don't you?" 

"I only have the one." I said, holding out my house key. I looked down the hallways and saw my brother had entered the building. I turn my head to see what he was looking at, he was looking at Kira. 

Scott had chased after her, as she walked towards her locker, but Stiles quickly grabbed him. "No, no. Stop, stop." Stiles quickly said. 

"What? I need to talk to her." Scott said. 

"No, you need to remember that someone left a coded message telling Barrow to kill her," Stiles reminded him. 

"Which is why I need to talk to her," Scott said. 

"Scott, no way," Stiles said. "Until we figure out if she's just another psychotic monster that's gonna start murdering everybody, I vote against any and all interaction." 

Kira then walks off, with her head down. "What if she's like me?" Scott asked. 

"That girl walked through 1.21 gigawatts of electricity, she's not like you." I press my lips together. Stiles then closed his locker door, and Scott walked off, sighing. He then held up that specific key. 

"Still worried about that key?" I ask, cocking my head. 

"We have class," Stiles said, not answering my question. I met his gaze and nodded my head. 

"Yeah, that too."