TWENTY-TWO

TWENTY-TWO 

Once putting the target on the tree, Lydia walks back to Allison and I. We were in the woods, Allison was going to practice shooting. Allison didn't want to, but Lydia forced her into it. "What's that?" Allison asked, looking at the book. My eyes widen. Shoot. "Come on, what is it." 

"Just a book. Um, Stiles made it for me. A memory's book." I informed her, and she smiled. "Yeah... he said he hasn't finished it but I'm gonna finish it for him." 

"You guys are seriously too cute. Stop it." Allison laughs and I shake my head. "But anyways, do you really think this is gonna help?" Our strawberry blonde best friend struts herself over to where Allison and I were. 

"I know that if you think it's not gonna help it definitely won't." Lydia stands next to us. Lydia clears her throat. "Get your head into it, shoot a few and see what happens." Allison then puts in an arrow in her bow, and pulls it back, aiming towards the tree. Her hands were shaking, which was so unlike Allison. Usually, she was strong about it. 

She fires, and it misses the tree and I cringe. Oh dear god. "Oh." I mumble. "It's okay, try again, Alli." Allison smiled at me. 

"What's with you and the nicknames lately?" Lydia turned to me and I shrugged. "Oh, my god, is that the memory book Stiles made you?" 

"Yeah, I guess he gave it to me this morning." I watch as Allison pulled back the arrow in her bow, she obviously put it a new one in and aims for the tree. But misses again. 

"Maybe hold the string a different way," Lydia suggested. "Try the Mongolian draw." Allison turns her head to her. "What? I read. Try it." She did, and puts the arrow in her bow, and turns it. She then let's go, but it failed. What the hell. This is Allison Argent we're talking about, she's a natural at this. "Okay, um... take a second to close your eyes, and imagine the arrow hitting the target." 

Allison closes her eyes, hopefully, this works. She then opens her eyes, and she jumped slightly, but I ignored it. "Did you see that?" Allison asked, and I turn my head to where she was looking. I shake my head. 

"See what?" Lydia asked. Nothing was there. I pressed my lips together, a little worried. Allison had bent down adn picked up her arrows case and slung it over her shoulder, looking around. 

"Wait here." Allison told us. 

"Are you serious? Not this again." I moaned. "It's probably nothing." 

"I'll be right back." Allison harshly whispers at us, before walking off. 

Lydia sucked in a breath. "You did not just say that." Allison walked off, stepping forwards, looking around. We stand next to each other. I sighed. "Can I see the book? If you didn't know, I gave him the idea." Lydia chuckles, and I hand her it. 

She flickers threw carefully, smiling. "I really do love him." I sigh, running a hand through my hair. She smiled. 

"You guys are really close, even when you were younger," Lydia said. "He's a keeper, can I be your bridesmaid when you two marry?" 

I roll my eyes. "You and Allison can both fight for it." I chuckle, she rolled her eyes. "I'll end up making you do my chores and what not for it." 

"What not? Who says that?" Lydia scoffed. "It's 2014, Stace." 

I smiled and looked up. That's when I see Allison pointing her bow right at my head. My eyes widen, what was she doing? Her arrow was aimed at my head, and she draws the arrow back. 

"Allison?" I ask, letting out a whimper. She wouldn't kill me, right? I mean, I know I've done some bad things, but not so bad I deserve to be killed. 

Allison seemed to be in her own little world. Lydia had looked up from the book, and her eyes widen when she saw the arrow being drawn. "Allison, don't." Lydia sternly told her, I close my eyes. "Allison!" 

I squeeze my eyes shut when I heard the arrow come towards me, this was it. I'm dead. I felt someone step in front of me, and I open my eyes, seeing who my savior was. It was Isaac. I gasp, opening my eyes. 

"Oh, my god, Stacey," Allison said, suddenly snapping out of the world she was in. She drops the bow and puts her arms up, in shock. Isaac looks over at her, and I took a step backward and gulped. 

Why do I always end up almost being killed? 

Can't it be someone else's turn now? 

"Right at her head?" Scott asked as we walked into his room. Isaac follows me in. 

"Almost right through it." Isaac informs, and I cross my arms. 

"She is still here." I said referring to myself. "Thank you, Isaac, really," Isaac smiled. 

"And she keeps saying the same thing, that she keeps seeing her aunt," Isaac said as Scott sat down on his bed. "Whatever happening to you guys is getting worse. And if I hadn't been there, Stacey would be dead." 

"Thank you, I'm aware of that."

"What were you doing there?" Scott asked, looking up at Isaac. 

"Ah..." Isaac trailed off, before Scott throws him back into the wall, outside of Scott's room, next to my door. The painter falls, and I roll my eyes. 

"Oh, you guys, come on." Mum calls from downstairs. "This house does not have a supernatural ability to heal! So, stop it!"

"Yeah, boys, play nice." I tease, Isaac is becoming more like a brother to me now. I mean, he lives with me, why not? 

"He's been looking at old cases?" I asked over the phone with Stiles, I lay on my bed, the door closed, though there's no point since there are two werewolves living here. But still. I like my privacy. 

"Yup. I think he's going over his old cases to see if any of them had to do with the supernatural now that it knows about it." Stiles explained he's probably at home right now. I wish I was with him. 

"Anything else to report, sir?" I joke, and I could picture him rolling his eyes at me. "Stop rolling your eyes and answer the question." 

"I wasn't rolling my eyes." 

"I don't need supernatural hearing to know your lying." I teased. 

"Fine, I'll stop. He can't get over this one particular case, his first duty was to tell a man that not only that his wife and two kids died in a car accident, but, as best he could tell, the body of his 9-year-old daughter had been dragged from a car wreck by coyotes, and I hate those pests." Stiles rambled, and I chuckled. 

"Oh." 

"Yeah, they didn't find the car until three days after the crash." He explained further. "They had driven off the road into a pretty ravine. Two bodies that were still in the car were covered in bites and slashes. He's thinking bites and claws marks was probably a werewolf attack." 

"You sound like you had an interesting day, weather, I was almost shot in the head by a certain Argent with a bow an arrow," I told him. "But don't worry, I'm alive because Isaac saved me. Why do I always end up almost being killed? Do you think that's a sign, God wants me dead?" 

"Well, I certainly don't want you dead. If your dead, I might as well be dead. Now, thanks to you, I have to thank Isaac for being there." Stiles grumbled and I laugh. I then hear a knock on my door, and I frown. Who the hell knocks? No one does at my house. "Also, the files that my dad had been working on, are you now going to your dad." 

I let out a small growl of annoyance. "I've gotta go," I told him quickly, swinging my legs over the bed. "I love you." 

"I love you more." Stiles chuckles, and I hung up on him and chucked my phone on my bed. I hum all the way over to my door, and I swing it to open it, but stopped when I saw my father standing there. My smile dropped, the happiness from I love you more, dropped, because of him. 

"Hey, Stacey," Rafael said, standing there with his two arms dropped aside. 

This is usually when I slam the door in his face. Just because he's staying with us, doesn't mean he's welcomed. "Why are you taking over Sheriff's cases?" 

Rafael looked surprised. "What do you mean? How did you get that information?" 

"It's a good damn thing my boyfriend's the son of the Sheriff." I sarcastically said, putting a hand on my hip. 

"You have a boyfriend?" Rafael asked. "Let me ask that again, Stiles is your boyfriend?" 

"Why do you care? Why start now?" I asked angerly. "Don't even start on the whole parenting thing. I don't want to talk to you. I don't want to talk to you about my dating life, about my friend's lives, about anything because we don't have that kind of relationship! Wanna know why we don't have that relationship? Because my son of a bitch father walked out on his two kids and wife, leaving mum to do all the hard work. So, I don't want to talk to you!" 

I took a step back, and I slammed the door shut, breathing heavily.