THIRTY-FOUR

THIRTY-FOUR 

I enter school the next day, I had gone to my locker. I closed my door and I turned around to thing one and thing two. AKA, Ethan and Aiden. I lean on my locker. "What is it now?" 

"Are you okay?" Aiden asks, as they both stand in front of me. 

"Yeah, peachy," 

"Hey, you, come, now," my boyfriend spoke, and dragged me away with Scott. 

We enter the science room that we had found the numbers to kill Kira. "So then she starts talking about phosphors and the key having chemicals on it, right? And so that made me think of the chemistry closet and the fact that someone had to let Barrow in..." He stopped and looked at the board, the numbers were gone. "It's gone. Okay, doesn't matter, though. It doesn't matter, I still got the key," 

Stiles ran over towards the door, and he flicked through his keys. I frown. "What the hell?" 

"Did you lose it?" I asks. 

"I had it..." Stiles mumbled. "I had it here. I had it. This morning, I swear to god, I had it this morning." 

"The key you were talking about the other night?" Scott asked. 

"Yeah, I showed it to you, right? I know I showed it to Stacey," Stiles said. "Didn't I show it to you?" 

"No, you just told me about it. I never actually saw it." Scott said.  

"I was here a couple of hours ago." Stiles gulps and moves towards the board. "And the message left to Barrow spelling Kira's name was right there on the blackboard in my handwriting and I had the key to the chemistry closet." 

"So you unlocked the chemistry closet so Barrow could hide in it from the cops, and then, you wrote him a message to kill Kira?" Scott clarified. 

"I know how it sounds... but look at this." He dug something out of his pocket, a news report. "This is a new report that came about Barrow when they caught him, okay? About the shrapnel bomb that he used. See this? See what he did? He put nuts, bolts, and screws. And then he hid the bomb and the detonator in a box that he had wrapped in a present. What does that sound like to you?"

My eyes widen. "Coach." Scott shrugged. "The joke that we played on Coach." 

"That was my idea." Stiles whispered. "You remember? That was my idea. That's no coincidence that can't be." 

 "I don't want to sound like I'm trying to tell you that you are wrong. But I don't think you're trying to kill people, either." I hummed at Scott's words. 

"It was here. It was all here." Stiles mumbled, crumbling the paper in his hand. 

"Stiles, are you feeling okay?" I ask, and step forward, putting a hand on his forehead. "You're looking really tired." 

"Yeah, I'm fine. I haven't bee sleeping really..." Stiles trailed off. 

"Why don't you go home?" Scott suggested. I nodded. 

"Take a sick day or something." I softly said. 

✢ 

Stiles and I ended up going to the hospital, to see my mum. "Dr. Gardner's not back until another week. Do you want to try waiting for one of the urgent care doctors or..." Mum trailed off at her work desk. Stiles then backed up, making me look over at him. "Stiles." 

"Are you alright?" I ask quickly, as mum stands up out of her chair. He had backed a few feet and licked his lips.  

"I don't know," Stiles shakily said, making my eyes soften. "I guess... I guess not really," he sounded like he wanted cry, making my face drop. 

"All right, kiddo," my mum said softly, walking towards him. "All right. Come with me, it's okay," I watch as mum takes Stiles down the hallway, I follow them. 

✢ 

I sit on the bed with Stiles, waiting for my mum to come in. My hand in Stiles'. My hand placed on his thigh. "Why didn't you tell me you were having trouble sleeping?" I whisper softly. 

"I didn't... I don't know, I thought it was nothing." Stiles mumbled, looking down at the ground. 

"You can tell me anything, okay? I seriously don't care what it is, just... tell me." I sigh, and ran a hand through my hair. 

He nodded softly. Mum then came in, with a clipboard. "Stiles, can you please describe me the symptoms you've been having lately," mum softly asked, sitting down at the chair and table.