Chapter 9

// July 27, 2013 //

- Payton -

I impatiently sat in front of my phone, staring at it hoping that Niall would call. It had been tough when tour really picked up, but Niall promised me that he would try to call me everyday.

He hasn't called me in 12 days. 12 whole days.

I had heard from all the other boys, including the members of 5 Seconds of Summer, but I hadn't heard from Niall at all ... and honestly, it was really starting to get to me. Every second I would be thinking about why he hasn't called, tricking myself (more than once) that he was cheating on me, that he was done with me ... that we were over. It was slowly driving me crazy, so thank God my friends were there for me. Bethany and Acacia constantly check up on me, and they organized several movie nights to take my mind off things. Jc and Kian text me weird questions that take time to find answers to, Taylor sends me audio messages of song ideas and videos of her, mom, Austin and Ed doing weird things.

One unlikely friend that I made because of this is Ashton Irwin, drummer of 5 Seconds of Summer. He'd been helping me get Niall to text me back or call me, but so far ... no luck.

Suddenly, my phone buzzes and pulls me back to Earth. I quickly grab it and check the screen, hoping that Niall had finally texted me back.

It was just Ashton.

from: ash ,!!
just got done with soundcheck. have no idea where niall is but harry says he's still asleep.

to: ash ,!!
don't worry about it ash :) see you guys in a couple days!

I clutched my phone in my hand and went up to my room - well actually it was Bethany's, we've been sharing for almost a month now. Anyway, when I walked in, Bethany was filming an intro to a video.

"Well this is awkward," we say at the same time while laughing. I walk around to where my stuff is.

"Am I gonna be in this?"

She laughs at me again.

"If you wanna be in it!" Beth laughs once more and I shake my head before changing into a slightly oversized white t-shirt and black high waisted jeans.

"Maybe some other time. I'm off to Panera!" I say as I leave the room, waving goodbye as Beth continued on with filming her video. I quickly went down the stairs, then put on my heeled black boots and grabbed my wallet and keys before heading out the door.

***

When I finally got to Panera, the place was packed with teenage girls. I sigh and park my car, debating whether or not I should go in or go somewhere else. After a couple minutes, I give up and get out of the car. I lock the doors and head inside, quickly hearing someone call my name. I turn my head and smile when I see Acacia, Kian, Sam and Jc walk over to me.

"Are you guys on your way out?" I ask, after I get a quick hug from each of them.

Acacia nods her head before hugging me again. 

"We got here twenty minutes ago and we've gotta leave before someone tries to attack Sam and Jc again," Kian jokes, elbowing the two boys beside him while I laugh a little.We talk for a couple more minutes and then I get a last hug from them before they actually leave.

"Come over at five if you can by the way," Acacia says to me and I nod my head, watching, and laughing a little, as most of the girls in the restaurant follow behind the group of four. After most of the girls are gone, I go to order my usual of mac and cheese and a lemonade. As I wait, I feel an arm around my shoulder.