Chapter 10

- Payton -

I had to wait another three days, but I finally got a text back from Niall. He sent it at like three in the morning, but I saw it when I got up. I was so happy to see his name on my screen, too bad it wasn't the text I wanted. In fact, it was quite the opposite...

from: niall <333saw the pics of u nd justin. hope u guys had fun together nd u'll be able t have a lot more! especially since ur not coming t the l.a shows

As I read the message, my heart dropped. I know it didn't actually drop, but it sure felt like it did. I couldn't breathe, and I wanted to scream but I felt as if all my screams were trapped in my throat. I couldn't even text him back, there's nothing I could say that would solve anything ... I would probably just dig myself a deeper hole. I mean, it's not like I did anything with Justin, they were innocent hang outs. I knew the pictures made it look worse, but I honestly would never in my entire life destroy a current relationship to go back into an old one ... you know? I love Niall, I love him a lot. I wouldn't hurt him, it would hurt me way too much to hurt him.

Anyway, after checking the time again, I decided I would call Niall. I had to fix this. I pressed on his contact name and held my phone up to my ear, hearing it dial over and over and over again. By the fifth ring, I was getting frustrated and was about to hang up when he answered.

"Payton," Niall said coldly, his tone making my heart drop (again) and tears form in my eyes. "Whaddaya want?" he asks, and I suddenly forget how to speak.

"Niall, babe, I know what you saw but it's not at all what you thought!" I burst out and Niall lets out a cold laugh.

"That's cute, but I know what I saw Payton."

"I was just hanging out with him! I needed to distract myself because you weren't talking to me and it was driving me insane," I explain to him. When he didn't respond, I continued. "I never did anything with Justin I swear. I swear I would never do that to you."

***

We fought for hours. I actually mean hours, five to be exact. From eleven in the morning to four in the afternoon, when he had to get to the arena for the concert tonight. I don't think I'd ever heard him yell so loud and be so frustrated and I don't think I've ever cried that hard in a conversation - if you could call it that. Even the amount of tears after I hung up probably didn't equal the amount during the phone call.

At the moment, I was curled up under the blankets in the room I shared with Bethany. There were a bunch of our mutual friends over, but I didn't feel like going down and being with everyone. I felt drained of all energy and I just wanted to sleep for the rest of my life. Well, I would've if I hadn't gone on my phone and checked my social media. I had quickly checked my Instagram and stuff, but Twitter had distracted me the most. Angrily, I scrolled past the tweets from my followers, my friends, people who hated me until I found the account that I knew would distract me - BabyAnimalPics. Thank God for baby animals, because after an hour or so I was smiling so hard. I felt so much better than before, but I was still upset.

"Maybe I should call Ashton," I say to myself, as I continue to look through pictures of baby animals. Then suddenly, Ashton's name comes on screen in a facetime request. "How did he know?" I ask and then press accept.

"Hey Payton!" Ashton smiles, his happy voice making a smile appear on my face. "I'm sorry to turn this into a sad conversation but I heard about your fight with Niall."

The smile disappears from my face and his.

"I just can't believe how big of a fight it was," I confess to Ashton, and I hear him sigh.

"We were all hanging out in Zayn's hotel room when Niall came barging in the room, so pissed. Like his face was so red and he was so angry," Ashton tells me and I feel tears in my eyes again.

"Is he still angry?"

Ashton shakes his head. "Not at you. He's mad at himself. He really misses you."

I remain quiet for a couple minutes as Ashton continues to talk. I was letting his words sink in, thinking about what to say.

"Ashton."

He stops mid-sentence and makes eye contact with me through the screen.

"Yeah?"

I move a strand of hair out of my face before speaking. "Is there any way you can get me to one of the concerts? I need to speak to Niall as soon as possible."

He thinks for a moment and then smiles. "You could be my plus one for some of the shows, maybe?"

I smile really wide, excited that I'm back to seeing both bands perform. "That sounds perfect! You're the best, Ashton," I tell him and he smiles again. We then continue talking for a few more minutes, other band members walking through and saying hi before walking away. It felt nice just to talk to someone, talking always makes me feel better about anything.

"Alright well, I've gotta go," Ashton says and I nod my head. "I'll let you know about being plus one!"

I laugh. "Bye Ashton! Have fun," I say and he smiles before hanging up. I sigh and put my phone on the pillow beside me, finding enjoyment in just blankly staring at the ceiling when someone knocks on the door. I don't say anything but they walk in anyway.

"Hey Pay," they say and I look at them. It was Bethany, so it makes sense that she just walked in (since it's her room I'm in). "We're gonna go to the beach and have a bonfire, do you wanna come with?" she asks and, eagerly, I nod my head.

"When have I ever said no to the beach?" I ask her, and she laughs.

"We're going in ten! Put on your favourite bikini and beach clothes!" She yells to me as she steps into her bathroom to change. Beth says something else and laughs again, but I couldn't hear her so I just laughed and hoped it was a joke.
---
HIIII FRIENDS I AM BACK! I have my life in order kind of and I'm so happy to be in the writing groove again.

This chapter could've been better I know but I'm not sure what you guys want to see so leave me a comment!!!!

i love you all so much!!!!
sophia xx

twitter - flannelbiebs
instagram - ayosophia