Chapter 2

- Payton -

@paytonswift: keep your eye on my instagram for a big hint about the song!! i'm sure  y'all will love this xx

I put my phone in the pocket of my jeans and walk towards baggage claim. I'm not extremely famous so I managed to get there without any problem, pretty much like every other person at this airport. Anyway, I sigh and sit on the ground near the spot where the bags come out - standing is too much work. Other people who were on my flight started to gather around the carousel and I just continued to sit there on the ground, undisturbed until someone sat beside me.

"Hi," they said, and I gave a quick greeting to them. "You're Payton Swift right?" they ask and I laugh while nodding me head.

"That's who I appear to be, yes," I say and then look up at the person next to me. "And you are?" I ask, as the person next to me extends out their hand for me to shake. As I shake their hand, they tell me their name.

"I'm Alex. It's really nice to meet you."

I smile. "Aw thank you Alex. It's nice to meet you too," I say and now it's Alex's turn to smile. We continue to talk for a few minutes until the carousel started up and the luggage came through. Alex got his luggage first, and once he lifted off the carousel we said our goodbyes. He gave me a quick hug before he left and I thought that was pretty cute - like, I didn't think much of it. It's a hug! Who doesn't love hugs?

***

"Hi boys!" I call out as I walk into the hotel lobby. Four of five, of One Direction duh, look up at me and they run over. Soon enough, I'm trapped in the middle of this group hug with barely enough space to breathe. "Guys ... I don't think Niall would be ... happy if you ...suffocated me," I say in a joking tone and they laugh at me, quickly letting go.

"How was your flight?" Liam asks and I kinda fangirl in my mind - why  did I? I guess we'll never know the answer to that. 

"It was great. Glad to be off that plane though, I don't understand how you all could do that all the time," I tell him and Liam laughs, giving me a second hug. I smile and follow the boys to the elevator, listening to the tour experiences they've had so far. The stories are very interesting, to say the least. Like, they're interesting to the point where you doubt whether or not they happened at all! Anyway, as Louis starts another story, I take a moment to check my phone. I see that I've gotten a couple texts from Taylor and my mom, some Twitter notifications and a couple ones from other social media - all of them things I would answer later as I had to see Niall before I could do anything else.

"So what's the plan?" Harry asks, as we all step out of the elevator and start walking down the long hotel hallway. I shrug my shoulders and drag my suitcase behind me, trying to hold back my excitement of seeing Niall again.

"I didn't really think of a plan," I confess and then shrug once again. A laugh comes from in front of me.

"Typical Payton," chuckles Zayn. The other three laugh at his comment while I roll my eyes.

"Shut up Zayn," I say and then stick my tongue out at him. He mimicks my actions, which causes me to roll my eyes again. Zayn opened his mouth to say something, but was quickly interrupted by Harry.

"Here we are! Niall's room," Harry calls out and I quickly shush him.

"Do you have to be so loud? You'll ruin the surprise," I say in a hushed tone and the little group around me chuckles as if something extremely funny happened. Rolling my eyes, I stand patiently as all four knock on Niall's hotel room door and then stand in front of me to hide me from Niall.

"What do you guys want?"

The moment I hear his voice I have to cover my mouth to keep from screaming and I have to use the rest of my self-control to not run and jump in his arms.

"We just wanna make sure that you're up!"

"And look, I'm up."

I'm starting to get impatient as the conversation develops, as all I want is to be with Niall and not out in this hallway. 

"Is there anything else, boys?" Niall ask and I'm praying that this ends the conversation.

"No not that we know of," Louis says and the four boys walk away, leaving me standing there in the hallway. Niall looks confused but then I smile and give a little wave.

"Payton!" he exclaims,and I think I start tearing up. I run over and wrap my arms around his waist, tightly hugging him.

"Hi baby," I whisper and Niall tightly wraps his arms around me, then gives me a kiss on the top of my head. We then go into his hotel room and Niall closes the door while I flop onto the unmade bed.

"What are you doing here?" he asks, a goofy smile plastered on his face as he flops on the bed beside me. I smile and pull him closer to me, giving him a quick kiss.

"I'm here to see you!" I tell him and he laughs before kissing me.

"How long are you staying?" asks Niall and I take a moment to think. "A week? Five days?" he continues and I sigh.

"Four days. I'm going back after your concert in Columbus."

A sad look replaces the happy one that was previously on Niall's face. He looks up at me and I can't help but sigh again.

"Niall, come on. Don't be sad! You've got me for four days, we can do whatever you want," I say and his smile comes back. While I laugh, Niall wraps his arms around me and pulls me close to him. "Niall, let me gooooo," I groan, trying to break free of his grip. He just lets out a laugh and holds on tightly to me.

"This is what I want to do for four days. Just want to hold you, is that so wrong?"

I'm about to reply when there's a knock on the door.

"Go get the door Niall."

"No Payton. You go get the door."

"Are you serious? Do you see my situation right now?"

Then, Niall lets go of me and gets up to answer the door.

"You owe me one!" he calls out to me before talking to whomever it is at the door. While he does that, I get up and walk over to my suitcase, open it and take out a white crop top and a cute skirt. I also grab my makeup bag and curling wand before I head to the bathroom to make myself look pretty.

"Payton can come too if she'd like," I hear someone say and I eagerly wait for Niall to reply - it sounds like I get to go to an interview and I love being at interviews.

"I'll have to ask her but I'm sure she'd love to come with us," Niall says and whoever he's talking to, Harry I believe,  says something that I can barely hear. "I doubt that," says Niall in reply to whatever was said before. "I'll talk to you later."

Following that statement, the door loudly shuts and I hear Niall sigh out of frustration. I quickly slip on my crop top and skirt and then go to Niall - although I'm very unsure of what to do.

"Niall?" I ask quietly and he turns to face me. "Are you okay?" I ask again and he nods his head while running a hand through his hair.

"I'm fine, I'm fine," he mumbles, pulling me close to him. I wrap my arms around his torso and Niall places a kiss on my forehead. "Do you want to come with me and the boys to our interview? It won't be too long so we could go out afterwards."

I nod my head before giving him a verbal response. "Yeah, I'd love to," I tell him and then head back to the bathroom. "I'll be ready in fifteen minutes," I say as I turn back around to face him, and Niall quickly nods his head and smiles at me. I smile back and then go back to getting ready.

---

Yay I finally updated! I'm so sorry for the long wait, it's been a crazy few months.

I hope you guys liked this chapter & leave some feedback in the comments :)
Question: What do you think is going on with Niall? What did Harry tell him? Leave your ideas in the comments because I'd loveeee to hear them! 

i love y'all so much
sophia xx

follow me on twitter: @flannelbiebs
follow me on instagram: @ayosophia