Chapter 30

(photo is of the girl i picked to play payton!!! she's the closest to how i picture payton in my head how exciting!!!)

/ September 24 , 2015 /

- Payton -

from: harry styles (UK)

your name is on the list for each show, just talk to security at the back.

they might ask for ID so make sure you have a card or something.

see you soon! H. x

to: harry styles (UK)

just go to the O2, see you and the boys shortly!!!

i missed you guys x

from: harry styles (UK)

we missed you too payton x

I smile at Harry's text and slide my phone into my pocket, grabbing my purse just as my driver opens my door for me. I step out of the luxury car and tell him thank you, quickly smiling at him before starting the walk past the tour buses to the intimidating security guards at the back doors of the O2 arena. Some One Direction fans recognize me and I give a quick wave, happy to see that most of them no longer hate me - at least, my assumption is that they don't. Some girls close to where I was standing wave me over to them, so I do my best to speed walk over to where they are.

"Hi girlies, how are you all?" I ask, once I'm standing in front of them. A chorus of "good" echoes around me and I smile, starting to take selfies with anyone who had a device out and wanted a photo. "How excited are you guys for the show tonight?"

My question brings a discussion of which song sounds the best live - if you're wondering, Stockholm Syndrome is the best live. I continue talking to the girls for a few more minutes, taking selfies, videos, and Twitter usernames which is the usual. The only thing out of the ordinary was a letter from one girl who told me it was meant for me and that it would mean a lot to her if I read it. Of course, I told her I would definitely read it and as well gave her a hug. I bid farewell to the lovely group and head towards security again.

"Payton Swift?" the less intimidating of the three guards asks me as soon as I walk up. Since I was totally ready to pull out my ID, I'm taken aback that the guard already knew me.

"Yeah, I'm Payton Swift," I say in response and the three guards chuckle. One crosses me off the list that was clipped on the board in his hand. "How did you-" I start but I'm quickly interrupted.

"My sister's a big fan of you and Taylor. She's shown me every picture of you in existence, There's a chance I could spot you in a sea of people."

I laugh as I'm handed a staff lanyard - I'm helping out for a couple shows as One Direction's assistant, they're real assistant is a little under the weather so they asked me to fill in. I chat with the guards as the open the doors for me.

"Enjoy the shows this week!" they say to me and I smile, thanking them as I walk in the building. I walk for a bit and meet with the tour manager, who brings me to the boys's dressing room. We stand outside there for a few minutes, the tour manager telling me everything I needed to know, explaining each boy's tour rider and sending me a copy to have for the next few days so that I didn't have to carry around five pieces of paper.

"The main thing is just making sure they get everywhere on time and that the room is fully stocked with everything on the riders for every show. If you need anything, give anyone listed in the rider email a call and we'll be happy to help," the tour manager says to me before walking away without saying goodbye. I don't mind though because now I get to see four of my favourite people, I don't even care if Acacia's here.