Chapter 25

// August 20, 2015 //

- Payton -

While Zayn and I ended up becoming quite good friends with Gigi, it still made me anxious to have them in the same room - especially since I knew that she wanted him. Now that I had joined the One Direction boys again on tour, which Zayn begged me not to do because of Niall, and Gigi was one of the few people Zayn could stand, I was always on edge. Don't get me wrong, I trust Zayn. I trust Zayn one hundred percent.

It's Gigi I don't trust.

If I didn't know that she was crushing on Zayn, I wouldn't be paranoid. Everything would be okay and I could probably be good friends with her.

In all honesty, I'm still scared that Zayn will fall for her and leave me... and now is not the right time. Not only can I not afford our current place by myself, if I have another failed relationship I will turn into a crazy cat lady... or a crazy dog lady. I haven't decided yet but I know it'll be one of those two.

"Love, you need to relax," Liam says to me, as I work on his hair for tonight's show in Toronto.

"Sorry Liam," I apologize to him, swapping the brush and blowdryer for gel and a comb. "Zayn's just going out with friends tonight and I'm nervous."

"Why would you be nervous?" Harry pipes up from his seat, his interest now in the conversation I thought would be between just Liam and I.

"He's going to a club and Gigi's gonna be there..."

The two boys nod their heads and say "Ohhh" in unison, Harry putting his hand up to stop me from continuing.

"Say no more."

I laugh, continuing with Liam's hair.

"If you really need updates on him," Liam starts, fidgeting as I take too long on a section of his hair. "You can always text him from my phone. Not using it on stage anyway."

Smilling, I quickly hug Liam. 

"This is why I love touring with y'all. You're all so good to me," I say to Harry and Liam, choking up a little which makes them laugh.

"You're just here because they pay you now, babe," Harry whispers to me as he walks past and sits down in the chair for Lou to make him look pretty. I smile again and blow him a kiss.

"The money does help."

***

from: taylor

i have friends keeping a close eye on Gi tonight. i need you and zayn to stay together so we can have the double wedding we planned as littles!

to: taylor

taylor i love you with all my heart.

from: taylor

anything for my favourite. now go enjoy the show, tell 1D their new song is pretty catchy. also the cats miss you. you can't tell but they do.

I laugh at the picture Taylor sends along with her text. I tweeted it of course.

@paytonswift: the text i just got from taylor. "the cats miss you. you can't tell but they do." #RIPME pic.twitter.com/t30gh8i

"Are you watching from side stage babe?" the familiar Doncaster accent rings through my ears and I look up to see Louis in front of me. I nod my head before putting my phone away and walking with him to where he needs to be to go onstage with the other boys, security following close behind just incase. "Aw, who am I gonna sing to tonight then?" Louis asks and I laugh as I shake my head.