Chapter 31

November 2, 2015

- Payton -

@paytonswift: thank you for having me @OneDirection ❤️ i was so blessed to be part of your tour, but i missed home. hope to see you soon boys!

I send my tweet out and slide my phone in my back pocket as I approach my front door. I'm ready to unlock it when I realize that my door is already unlocked.

"I always knew this is how I would go," I say to myself, slowing opening the door while tightly clutching on to my keys. I walk in and the entryway lights are on, as well as the lights in the living room and kitchen. As I walk further in, my grip on my keys grows tighter until I'm face to face with the person who decided to show up uninvited to my apartment. I dropped my keys when I make eye contact with the person.

Zayn.

I want to run to him but I'm frozen in place. I have so many questions but I don't speak, I just stand there with my jaw dropped and stare at the beautiful boy with a smirk on his face.

"Honey, I'm home!" Zayn smiles, arms wide open as a sign that it's definitely okay to run and hug him. And that's exactly what I do. I run and jump into his arms, holding him tightly as I'm afraid he's gonna disappear if I don't.

"What are you doing here?" I ask, after several minutes of hugging in silence. "I mean it's not that I don't want you here because I definitely want you here. I just want to know why? Like, I thought we were on a break? You said December..." I trail off, while Zayn remains quiet. Zayn tucks a loose strand of my hair behind my ear before pulling me close again. I feel a little bit awkward, but I hold him tightly again and wait for him to speak.

"Do you want me to be honest, babe?" asks Zayn, finally breaking his silence. I nod my head eagerly, and I run my fingers over his tattoos as I wait for his answer.

"Are you gonna tell me or are you gonna keep me waiting?" I ask and Zayn smiles, kissing the top of my head.

"I saw how close you were with Harry recently and I got jealous. I had to see you, so I came here as soon as I got off the plane from New York. Also, I missed you so much."

I smile at what he tells me and wrap my arms around his neck.

"I missed you too, baby," I smile and kiss him softly. Zayn chuckles and kisses me when I pull away, his arms tightly around my waist.

"That break was a bad idea," Zayn breathes out and I laugh at him. I kiss him again.

"It definitely was. I'm glad we both think that."

We go from the kitchen area to the living room. We sit down and cuddle up to each other on the couch, telling stories from the past month that we spent without each other close by. Zayn tells me about the album and I ask him if I'll get to hear it. He reassures me that I'll get to hear it soon, which makes me so happy because I am Zayn's number one fan and I'm so excited for his solo music.

"Am I the inspiration behind your songs?" I ask, extremely curious. Zayn smiles and kisses me.

"Most of them. I tried to limit how many songs I put on the album that were about you."

I raise an eyebrow at him. "What do you mean?"

Zayn pulls me to him to fill the space between us and starts placing light kisses down my jawline and neck.

"I like to keep what we do between us. They don't need to know what we do, boo," Zayn smirks, his hands tightly gripping my waist. He kisses my neck one last time, lightly biting the spot before we're face to face again. He relaxes and starts playing with my hair while I tell him some tour stories from my week with One Direction - he doesn't contact the boys very often and I know he misses them; so, I always update him.