Chapter 11

- Payton -

from: ashton,!!
got you back on the guest list for all the L.A shows! as well you're coming to Vegas tonight surprise :) see you soon xx

I smiled as I read Ashton's text. A little shocked because it's so last minute to drive 4 hours to a show but I was gonna do it so that I could see Niall. It hurt my heart to know that he was mad at himself and that he missed me, I  just want to cuddle up with him and stay in bed for a couple days. That's it. That's all I want to do. Anyway, focusing on getting to Vegas, I sent a quick text back to Ashton before getting my stuff together.

to: ashton,!!
frick awesome!! i'll leave in an hour, i'll get to Vegas by 4 at the latest?

As I'm about to put away my phone, I hear a ding. I check and see that Ashton's texted back.

from: ashton,!!
we'll be at the arena at 4, niall won't be there until 4:30 with the other four. we'll have dan let you in through the entrance in the back parking lot.

to: ashton,!!
perfect. i'll have acacia drop me off. thanks so much for this, you're the best. see you soon! xx

Immediately after the text sent, I called Acacia.

"Hey Acacia! Are you free?" I ask her as soon as she picks up the phone.

"Yeah! Why?"

I take a deep breath before asking. "Can you drive me to Vegas?"

***

"I cannot believe I'm doing this for you. You're SO lucky to have me," Acacia says, as we get to the halfway point of our mini road trip. I laugh at her and then open a bag of chips, starting to get nervous about what I'm doing. "And I swear to God, Payton if you back out right now I WILL drop you off in the middle of nowhere," she glares at me and I put my hands up in defense.

"I'm scared, okay I'm sorry!" I confess and Acacia sighs.

"Niall does want to see you, alright? He cares about you so much and he just got upset! You've gotten upset at him before, it's a normal human thing to get upset. Apparently it's called emotions or feelings or whatever," Acacia tells me, the end of her little speech making me laugh.

"You're ridiculous, Acacia. Just pay attention to the road and once we reach a gas station, I'll drive and you can nap. I promise."

The car goes quiet for a couple minutes, besides the quiet music coming from the car speakers. I'm about to have a nice nap when Acacia pipes up.

"Is it a coincidence that a gas station has appeared?" questions Acacia and I mumble "no". "I'm gonna stop at it, sucks that you can't nap." 

I groan and Acacia laughs at me. "Shut up, 'Cacia."

"Shut up, 'Cacia," she mocks, repeating me in high pitched voice. I roll my eyes and Acacia starts to laugh really hard as she pulls into the gas station. "I'll get some more snacks," she starts to say, as she parks the rover in front of self-serve fill up station, "You fill up the tank."

"Ay, Ay Captain!" I laugh and she rolls her eyes as we both hop out of the car. I grab some cash and hand it to Acacia, then grab my card and close the door. I tuck the car keys and the card in my pocket and walk around to the other side where the opened gas cap is. As I place the nozzle of the pump in the gas cap hole, I feel someone tap on my shoulder and I jump - as well as scream a little but we don't need to talk about that.

"Sorry to bother you," a person says as I turn around and face two people, a guy and a girl if you were wondering.

"But we're super big fans of you and Taylor, and we'd love to get a photo with you!" the girl says and I smile, nodding my head in response. First I take a picture with the girl and it goes fine, no problems at all. After the picture with the girl, I have to stop them for a moment so I could take out the nozzle and pay for the gas. They let me do it and then they give each other a look, which weirds me out a little but I ignore it.