the princess - welcome to arkadia

__

"You're here for me. That's what matters."

__

Gorgina Foy P.O.V

I give Bellamy and Clarke a weak smile as they leave in their Rover.

"You alright?" I look to the voice to see Heather with Rufus beside her, Regina nowhere to be seen. "I'll be alright." I whisper, making my way back to my office.

I sit in my chair, emotionless.

"I heard what happened." Regina says as she comes in. "It happens." I shrug my shoulders, not even looking up at her.

"Rufus left, he's off to get Roan and then we arranged for Roan and you to go to Arkedia for a few nights, visit those you miss." Regina explains and this time I look at her, with a real smile but I know I don't look good.

"Are you sure everything would be alright here?" I ask her, I never left for more than a day. "We got it covered." I get up from my spot and go up to her, wrapping her in a hug. "Thank you."

Regina leads me back to my chamber where she helps me pack a luggage with what I need, mostly with normal clothes. "Rufus wants to send guards with you but I assured him that Roan will look after you." She mumbles as she keeps packing and I just say yes or no to the outfits.

"He's just worried." I mean Queen Marleen ruled for such a long time and a stranger comes in and now rules the nation.

"But still, he should be accepting of you and Roan no matter how self-conscious Rufus is." Regina speaks, making me freeze. "Self conscious?"

"Oh god. You haven't noticed it? Rufus liked you, like crush crush." This changes everything, not became his my help, I'd just ignore that fact but the fact that Regina still has an on-going crush on him.

"I-" I cut myself off as my chamber door swings open and Roan stands there with his usual clothing.

He strides towards me, pulling me into our usual hugs. "I'm not the only one to lose a parent." I whisper into his ear and he looks down at me. "You were close to him unlike me." I lick my lips as I look away, trying not to have another break down, at least not in front of them.

"Regina, are you done packing?" I ask her, changing subjects. "Yeah, Roan's clothes are in his horse already and you're about to be." Regina informs us, locking down my luggage. I glance at Roan as Regina leaves us alone.

"We're talking later." And just like that, Roan follows after Regina. I let out a shaky breath as I follow after both of them.

I get on my horse and Roan does as well, Regina coming up to me to give me the map on getting there. "I'll do it." Roan offers and I hand it to him.

"Thank you." I mumble before we head to Arkadia with me playing with the necklace my mom gave me before I got onto the drop ship.

FLASHBACK

I follow the instructions given to me, walking down the line until we reach our destination and guards are telling us which floor we got.

"Gorgie!" I turn to where I hear a voice calling my name to see my dad and my mom beside him, holding hands.

"Dad! Mom!" My voice breaks but I'll get it back when I start talking every day instead of... well almost never.

I step out of the line and go up to them, crushing them in a group hug.

"Look after yourself out there." My mom whispers into my ear as I pull away.

"I-Uhm. Yeah, yeah, I will." It was always one of my best characteristics, being responsible... except for that day.