the princess - roses & a note

__

"A true leader has the confidence to stand alone, the courage to make tough decisions, and the compassion to listen to the needs of others. He does not set out to be a leader, but becomes one by the equality of his actions and the integrity of his intent." - Douglas McArthur
__

Gorgina Foy P.O.V

I walk down the hallway full of the sections entrances, everyone stopping to look at their new 'Queen'. I let out a shaky breath as I wave at a little girl and continue down my walk.

"Remodeling." Rufus continues to address what's needs to be fixed.

"Yeah... I was thinking in case anything is to ever happen we could relocate the farm indoors. We could put windows on the ground so it'll be in the ceiling of the underground farm and then we already got recycled water." I tell him my plan, just in case if something is to ever go downhills.

"Princess!" Regina and Heather say in sync as they come up to Rufus and me.

"Something's wrong?" I ask them, looking at them with a worried expression.

"Nothing wrong-" Regina starts but Heather cuts her off.

"Apart from Prince Roan being in your room with roses at this very moment!" Heather squeals and I look at the people that are still admiring us.

"Prince Roan? He shouldn't have access inside." Rufus speaks up and you can notice all three of our faces go to disappointment.

"I put him on the entry list." And with that, I rush to my new section with none of my friends by my side.

I open the door without even making sure I look good, which is a new.

"Hi." I greet him as I see him sitting on one of the many couches... With my silver ball gown beside him.

"Thought you needed it." I can notice him lying trough his teeth.

"Hmm, or you just wanted to come see me?" I say with a playful voice as I grab the dress and place it on top of my vanity chair.

"No." He keeps it plain and simple which makes me giggle. "Thank you but that means you should start heading out." I say it in serious way but not meaning it at all. I notice his face go to disappointment as he stands up and starts heading to the chamber door.

"Or you could stay for a while." I add shyly and he stops midway, turning around towards me.

He's so serious but it looks so good on him.

I look around the bedroom, a bouquet of roses laying on my bed. "And who might this be from?" I walk up to my bed, grabbing them in my hand and glancing up at Roan whose eyes are focused on me.

I grab the white note card that was supposed to be placed on the flowers but lays on my bed.

'I heard the news. Congratulations, beautiful. - roan' I read the note out loud, blushing instantly when I read the compliment. I turn to Roan once I finish reading, trying to conceal me freaking out on the inside.

"Beautiful? I mean, I know." I joke, throwing him a wink and a laugh.

"And you're the Queen." He whispers amused that it's someone like me.

"Hey, first of all I'm a pretty nice person. Second, I don't like going by Queen instead I'm sticking with Princess." I explain, placing the roses and paper back on the bed.

I don't notice he coming up to me, sitting at the spot beside him.
"So what are you really doing here?" I change topic, not even looking at him.

"Bored."
"No, you wanted to see me. Accept it, babe." My eyes go wide when I realize I called him babe and he notices too but doesn't seems to make a big deal out of it.

"Rufus needs you." Regina speaks up as she pokes her head into my chamber and then is out of view.

"Well I should get going." I say as I get up, going up to the door with Roan following behind.

"Oh I'll give you your clothes some other day." I add, opening the door and walkin through before Roan does and I close the door behind him.

"Keep it." He informs as he goes the opposite way from me.

"Hey!" I turn around after walking away from each other. "Maybe next time I'll call you baby." And just like that, he leaves.

I bite my tongue, trying to contain my smile as I meet up with Rufus and my two best friends. "This is it." Rufus begins as he takes out two pieces of drawings and it shows how the water will come in and the other one is the underground farm.

"Woow." I whisper under my breath as I admire it. "It's brilliant." I add.

"We just need your signature and we'll start building." Rufus then takes out another paper and I read the contact through multiple times until I sign it.

"Playground and outside classrooms." He continues, and I sign two more contracts.

"Let's get this show started."
"I'll inform the workers." And just like that, Rufus leaves the room.

"Sooo, tell us." Heather says as she sits down beside Regina, both looking up at me.

"He brought the dress and told me congratulations, well at least that's the only thing before Regina barged in." I explain but they both groan at the end.

"I'm just waiting for one of you to make a move." Heather points out. "It's weird because my dad would probably won't even let me befriend Roa-" But Regina cuts me off.

"What about Bellamy? He's probably still out there. He could've survived the grounders." Heather looks at Regina, clearly not happy with her. And she's right, Bellamy might still be out there but it's been so long since I last saw him. Months. And even though we always seem to find each other, it wouldn't work out.

"Shut up before I make you." Heather snaps and I try to contain my laugh but it comes out. "Leave the poor girl alone, Heather."

8/7/18