bonus chapter

a/n: i thought this book had a really shitty ending so im making a bonus chapter ;)

[third person]

eight years later

"hey mom, can i talk to you about something while dad is at work?" eliza, now seventeen years old, asked, waking into the kitchen where elaina was typing something on her laptop. eliza had grown into a beautiful young woman. she had long, brown hair and the most gorgeous blue eyes. she was tall and skinny, much resembling the physical aspects of her father, but she was amazingly beautiful like her mother. she was also extremely kind-hearted, much like both of her parents.

"of course," elaina replied, patting the spot next to her, "come sit down." eliza nodded and sat down.

"so there's this boy at school who i've for a really long time and he asked me out on a date for tonight at eight," eliza explained and elaina squealed. even though elaina was gradually getting older, she still had the heart of a teenager.

"yes girl, slay! who's the boy?" elaina asked, smiling.

"his name is aidan and he's super nice," eliza told her mother, "and no, he's not a fuckboy."

"language," elaina corrected.

eliza laughed, saying, "sorry."

"it's fine. you should've seen me as a seventeen year old," elaina chuckled, remembering back to the very odd things she would say and the stuff that she and daniel would do back when she was her daughter's age.

"anyways, since i know that you used to be a model when i was little, i wanted to know if you would help me pick out what i'm going to wear tonight because you have a really good sense of style," eliza continued, "i know that dad is, like, duper overprotective of me so that's why i wanted to talk to you about this while he's not here."

"you're right on that," elaina laughed, "and yes, i'll help you pick out your outfit for your date tonight."

eliza was about to say something, until they heard, "what? date? elizabeth are you going a date?"

they both turned around to see daniel standing in the doorway with his hands on his hips.

"oh, h-hey dad," eliza asked nervously, "how was work?"

"no changing the subject, young lady," daniel corrected, "now answer my question, elizabeth. are you going on a date?"

"yeah," she replied. daniel was about to say something until eliza cut him off and said, "but he's super nice. we've been in the same class since fourth grade and i know him really well. he's not a fuckboy."

"language, eliza," elaina said from the couch.

"no, no, no, no, no, you are my sweet, precious child. you need to stay in the comforts of your bedroom because boys are just going to rip up your heart," daniel said, rapidly shaking his head no.

"but i'm seventeen, dad! i'm old enough to go on a date," eliza pouted.

"i don't care if you're seventeen. boys are evil and they will destroy you," daniel replied, and eliza crosses her arms over her chest.

"wasn't mom seventeen when you started dating? now look at you guys. twenty-three years later with three kids and you're happily married," eliza said, trying to convince her father.

"don't remind me of how old i am," daniel groaned, causing eliza to laugh, "and don't compare this to me and your mother. that's different."

"how so?" eliza questioned, cocking her head to the side.