1.7

[third person]

elaina sat with her nine year old son while he was drawing at the dining room table, and she was reading a book. elaina always had that small passion inside of her for reading. while in the middle of a chapter, she heard someone walking into the kitchen from the basement. she knew immediately that it was daniel and eliza. about seven years ago, they had a music room installed in the basement, which consists of a booth, room to practice, and places to hold all of daniel and eliza's instruments.

"oh my god, guess what?" daniel asked his wife excitedly.

"what?" elaina questioned, confused as to why her husband and daughter looked so happy and giddy.

"when we were just hanging down there and messing around i got a call from abc. they want to interview eliza and i. they said it's going to air on national news and stuff," he explained to her.

"why are you so excited, though? i mean, haven't you done a bunch of interviews where it's on nation television?" she asked.

daniel just smiled and said, "yeah, i've done plenty of those, but no one has ever asked to interview eliza as well. they said they've seen her videos and they know how extremely talented she is. they said that record companies are going to be watching and that they might give her offers and stuff. do you know how crazy this is? eliza already agreed and i just wanted to make sure it was okay with you before i tell them yes."

elaina smiled, knowing that both daniel and eliza were very excited for this, but they still wanted to make sure elaina was okay with it. she knew that he would've told them yes right on the spot, but he told them maybe because they wanted her blessing, and this warmed her heart.

"of course! why wouldn't i want you guys to do this?" elaina giggled. eliza had a giddy smile on her face and she hugged her mother.

they were ecstatic.

--

(timeskip to day of interview because this book is trash)

the seavey family sat backstage of the show, waiting for eliza and daniel to be called on. eliza was nervous. she'd never done an interview, much less played in front of an audience and in front of a camera, which will document it and play it for millions of people on their television screens. just the thought of how many people would actually see this gave her the chills. daniel noticed how tense she was and calmly rubbed her back.

"i know you've never done anything like this, and i know it can be scary the first time, but it will be fun. i promise. and if it's not fun, then i'll do anything you want me to. you know i wouldn't want you to do anything that i know you wouldn't enjoy," daniel told the young girl, who nervously nodded and leaned back onto her father.

"eliza and daniel, you're up," a stage director said. daniel took his daughter's hand and they stood up, following the man to the stage. when they walked onto it, the interviewer smiled.

"hi, i'm lisa moore. thanks for coming. just sit down and the cameras will start rolling shortly," lisa said, so they sat down on the white sofa and waited for them to get everything ready. once they were, the woman behind the camera counted down, until she gave the signal that they were rolling.

"i'm lisa moore and welcome back to abc. today, we have two special guests joining us, eliza and daniel seavey," the people in the audience cheered, "so first off, eliza, how long have you been playing the piano and what inspired you to play?"

"well, i've been playing since i was four," eliza started explaining. "for as long as i can remember, i've always loved to watch dad practice. as a toddler, i'd always loved to go to the studio with him and watch him play his instruments, whether is was guitar or piano or cello or one of the other many instruments that he plays. dad told me that i always love to just mess around with his instruments, and so when i was four, dad started off with giving me piano lessons. then when i was five he started giving me guitar and cello lessons."

"wow. so you've learned everything from your dad?" lisa asked.

"well, i have also learned a lot from my uncle jonah and uncle jack. they're both really good piano players," eliza told her.

"so daniel, did you ever think that any of your kids would be into music like you are?" lisa questioned of the man.

"for a while, i thought my daughter raven would be into music, just because when she was an infant, she wouldn't stop crying unless i sang to her. music just seems to calm her down so easily. so, naturally, i thought she would grow up to want to do that kind of stuff, but she loves to dance more than anything in the world," daniel explained.

the interviewer went on to asking more questions, until she asked eliza if she wanted to play something. eliza agreed, so the interviewer walked her over to the piano they had set up for this. eliza sat down and prepared herself, before playing 'moonlight sotana'. eliza just let the music flow through her, the notes sounding beautiful in her ears.

the interviewer was shocked. she knew this girl was talented, but not as talented as she actually was. she had never heard anything so beautiful, and you never would expect for that to be played by a child.

once eliza was finished, the interviewer smiled and said, "oh my goodness. i didn't know a nine year old could have such talent."

"thank you," eliza said, her face plastered with an unremovable grin.

"you're definitely one of a kind."