2.0

(i am seriously running out of ideas, so i'm sorry that this chapter is absolute bullshit and i'm sorry for this shitty idea that i had)

[third person]

tonight was the night of the grammy awards. normally, the family of five would stay at home and watch them from the comfort of their living room couch, but daniel was actually nominated for one. daniel had actually been nominated for grammys in the past, but he hadn't been nominated in a few years. all five of the boys were actually nominated, as well. not all in one category, of course. daniel was nominated for two, jack for two, jonah for one, zach for one, and corbyn for two.

elaina was wearing a long, flowy black dress that had an 'x' shape over the back. even though she would prefer not to, she wore a fancy makeup look, which consisted of a light pink and black eyeshadow look, maroon lip, and false lashes. no need to explain the rest since it was pretty simple (a/n: i hate makeup, so i don't really know much about it).

the two female children were wearing dresses quite similar to their mother's, except they were in more of a children's style and were more modest, seeing as the dresses didn't have large cut-outs in the back like their mother's did. 

daniel was just wearing a normal black suit, but being the guy he is, he wore a pair of black and white checkered vans instead of dress shoes with his suit. zachary was dressed in a similar way, with a black suit and vans.

the two parents actually gave the three children the choice to come or not, but they wanted to come in support of their father, which made him happy that they'd sit through a long award show, just for their father. 

daniel had just finished getting dressed, so he went into the bathroom to go check on elaina. when he walked in, he found her just finishing her makeup. he smiled and walked up behind her, wrapping his arms around her waist.

"now, how did i get so lucky to have such a beautiful wife?" daniel questioned, nuzzling his face in her shoulder and placing a soft kiss to her neck. elaina smiled and turned around so she could be facing him.

"how did i get so lucky to have such a talented husband?" elaina asked, about to kiss daniel, then remembering she had some expensive-ass lipstick on that she didn't want to ruin.

"i would kiss you right now, but i don't ever do my makeup, and this took me forever to do, so i don't want to ruin it," elaina explained, patting daniel on the chest.

"god dammit, does that mean i'm not allowed to kiss you all night?" daniel asked, a frown spread across his face. 

"that is correct, dani," elaina said. daniel huffed, wanting to kiss his beautiful wife, but he knew he couldn't since she would get mad, and daniel hated more than anything to see the love of his life upset.

"ugh, fine," daniel sighed, "should we go check on the kids?" the two had dressed the kids and gotten them totally ready before they started getting themselves ready, so the they were probably all messing around downstairs. those three were unlike many siblings who fought and didn't get along. these three were inseparable, especially zach and eliza. but what do you expect from twins?

"yeah, and we should go wait for the limo to get here. they're going to be here in, like, thirty minutes " elaina pointed out. daniel nodded, and the two exited the bedroom and walked downstairs, where they found the three children taking selfies on daniel's phone.

"okay, okay, okay. i know taking selfies is fun, but we have to get going," daniel said, laughing at the adorable sight of his children. he clapped his hands together and grabbing his phone out of raven's hands, causing raven to pout, but not make any argument about it.

the family of five was interrupted by the sound of tires pulling into the driveway, and they knew it was the limo arriving. they would much rather ride there in their black suv, but the people insisted on riding in the limo for a better look on the red carpet. daniel and elaina motioned for the kids to follow them, and they walked outside, getting into the long, black car. once they were all situated, the limo driver pulled out of the driveway and started their drive towards dolby theater.

the drive wasn't a long one, since it was just in downtown los angeles, not far from where the family lived. daniel and elaina had warned the three children that they were going to be bombarded with flashing cameras when they exited the limo, since the paparazzi was just crazy. elaina had been with daniel to many of these award shows, but they had never taken the children with them, so this was new to the three kids.

the limo driver got out of the car and opened the door, so the five got out of the vehicle and stepped onto the red carpet. just as they had warned, they were immediately swarmed with camera flashes. daniel held onto raven's hand while elaina held onto zach and eliza's, and they made their way down the carpet. raven, being the six year old she was, got tired while standing there and posing for the cameras, so daniel picked her up and held her in his arms. 

eventually, the show was going to start, so the many celebrities piled into the large theater and sat down in their assigned spots. luckily, the people had placed jonah, corbyn, zach, and jack's families next to daniel's, so they all sat together.

this was going to be a long night.