2.7

[third person]

elaina let out an angered sigh when she found out some saddening news. she had just gotten fired from her modeling job. the job she has had for almost fourteen years. and now she was unemployed. she was currently on her way back home, dreading the drive. all she wanted to do was be at home and lay in daniel's arms and vent to him about her day.

after the excruciating forty-five minute drive, elaina finally made her way through the gated neighborhood, driving eight houses down and to the right, where she pulled into the driveway and walked up to the door. when she went inside, she found zach, eliza, raven, and daniel all sitting on the couch watching a movie, while tater was sitting on zach's lap. daniel turned around to look at her, and she didn't even have to have to say anything for him to know something was wrong.

he softly pulled raven off of his lap and walked over to his wife, wrapping his arms around her waist and kissing her forehead.

"what's wrong, baby?" he asked quietly, softly, caressing her cheek with the pad of his thumb.

"they fired me," she whispered, leaning her head on his shoulder.

"what? why?" daniel asked, a concerned look plastered on his face. he knew elaina better than anyone else in the whole world. he knew she wouldn't have done anything to piss the company off and fire her. there had to be some other explanation.

"they said i'm, and i quote, 'showing signs of aging', so they had to let me go," she explained. daniel was slightly angered by this, seeing as he thought his wife was absolutely flawless.

"you're absolutely beautiful, darling. you don't deserve that," daniel told her, giving her a short kiss on the lips. elaina smiled. daniel always knew new the best thing to do to make her feel better in any situation.

"mommy, are you okay?" raven asked from the couch. elaina smiled and walked over to raven, taking her small daughter into her arms.

"i'm one hundred percent fine, love," elaina replied, kissing her cheek. raven giggled and hugged her mother, laying her head on her shoulder.

--

"daniel, what am i going to do now?" elaina asked, running her hands through her hair in stress. when she and daniel were sitting on the couch together, she had come to the realization that she really didn't do anything now.

"what do you mean?" he questioned, turning his head to face her. elaina sighed at his cluelessness.

"daniel, i don't have a job anymore. i don't really know what i'm supposed to do. i didn't go to college or anything, so it's not like i have a degree i can use to help me get a job. like, seriously, what am i gonna do?"  she asked worriedly, running her hands through her hair.

"just stay home," he replied, shrugging, "if there's nothing else that sparks your interest, then just stay home with the kids and stuff."

"daniel-"

"i know you hate it when i pay for everything, but the thing is, i can pay for everything and you know that," he said.

"really? you'd be fine with running everything by yourself?" elaina questioned, and daniel nodded.

"i'd seriously be totally fine with it. i want you to be as happy and as at-ease as possible," he told her, wrapping his arm around her shoulder, causing her to lay her head down on him.

"then i guess that's what i'll do."