0.6

[daniel seavey]

elaina has been in a coma for two weeks. her heartbeat's gotten weaker and she's just gotten paler. the doctors said she probably won't make it, but she's strong. she'll survive. 

suddenly, a loud noise broke through the room. 

she was flatlining. 

i started to panic. about ten doctors rushed into the room and made me get out. i wanted to stay by her side, but i couldn't. i slid down on the wall in the hallway and cried. i don't know if she's gonna make it at this point.

after about an hour of sobbing and hearing nothing from the doctors about my wife, a doctor came out into the hallway and looked at me with a happy expression on his face. he sighed and said, "sir, she's alive. she made it."

after hearing that, everything around me just froze. i couldn't talk, i couldn't breathe, and i couldn't move. i was absolutely speechless with overpowering joy.

"sir?" the doctor asked me, but i couldn't respond. i was so incredibly happy that she was alive. in that moment, everything went black.

--

i woke up on a hospital bed. my face was sticky and my eyes were burning. then i remembered, elaina is alive. she's awake. i felt a few happy tears fall down my face. i pulled the needle out of my arm and rushed down the hall to elaina's room.

when i walked in, i saw elaina awake, staring at the ceiling of the hospital room. i smiled at the sight. the woman that i love with everything in my body is alive and well.  i walked into the room, and she turned her head to the side, immediately smiling.

"hey baby," i whispered, kneeling down on the side of her hospital bed, "i'm so happy you're awake."

"hi dani," she whispered back, grabbing onto my hand, "what happened?"

"we got in a car wreck," i explained.

"can i see the kids?" she asked weakly. i nodded at her and grabbed my phone out of my pocket and facetiming judi. she answered right away, and next to her were elaina and i's two beautiful children.

i gave my phone to elaina and judi, eliza, and zach's faces immediately lit up. 

"mommy!" zach exclaimed, jumping up from where he was sitting.

"hi zachary," elaina said softly.

"when can you come home?" eliza questioned, wanting to see her mother.

"a few weeks, baby," elaina told her, and eliza frowned.

a few weeks.

sorry this is really bad.

this is the rewrite of this book.

she originally dies, but i'm bringing her back, so i'm sorry if this isn't as good as a few of my past chapters.

CHOW CHOW CHICKEES