Epilogue

As soon as I teleported to the hospital room, it had at least three guards

As soon as I teleported to the hospital room, it had at least three guards. They were caught off-guard, which gave me a providential opportunity to swiftly thrust my hands forward. Gushes of water shot out, pounding all the men. The guards fell onto the sapphire sofa. I commanded my waters to incarcerate them, and they did – coiling and coiling around them like a hurricane. I could see the oscillated images of their figures, their mouths hollering with adjures.

Embosomed in the chunky sheets of the coma, the Chief drowsed. His wrinkled skin was modifying into a lethal, concerning grey colour, his nerves bulging for desperate eyes. His lips were parted, yet I can't hear any breaths – even dim, weak ones.

My lean fingers caressed his right arm. I can feel his pulse. It's in gradual extremis.

His feeble hands twitched at my touch. In the back of my eyes, I can see the intended cancer cells Dominique and Rueben Gagnon created – unsymmetrical purple spheres flowing through his bloodstreams, with nauseating spikes wiggling out, like the legs of an octopus. The cells seemed to grab onto anything impeding their way – bloods cells, white cells that failed to defend – and engulfed it, which only made the cancer stronger. However, as soon as I touched the dying old man, I could feel the cells juddering, screeching, and vanishing.

Suddenly, Solomon Coleman flinched as a golden light emitted from my fingertips. His body imbibed my flare. My luminance voyaged through his veins, through his body, scurrying and scurrying to his chest –

'Freeze!'

My hands clutching the old man's, I peeped over my shoulder to see at least seven guards obstructing the exit, all guns raised, loaded and prepared to fire.

'You are under arrest,' said the one in the middle.

Some of them waved their hands, and the swirling hurricanes of water fractured, releasing the three guards who fell face-first to the floor. They hastily recovered from their drops, loading their guns and aiming at me.

For some reason, healing the sick man was draining my energy, making me exhausted. 'The – The only people you should be arresting is the Regime. Why can't you see that Dominique and Rueben done this?'

They all had vests – bulletproof and preternatural-proof – with at least two guns attached to their hips, totalling three guns they seize. Their faces were veiled with black hoods, only revealing their eyes. 'Insulting the Regime counts as a crime,' one countered.

'Apparently saving people is a crime as well,' I muttered. 'I – I . . .' I winced, dropping to my knees as my power magnified. I can feel that only 85% of the cancer has been eradicated by me, leaving only fifteen percent left.

The ten guards approached me from the doorway, yet kept a certain amount of space between us.

'Please,' I implored to them, 'be rational. Wake up and look what the Regime is doing! My family and I done nothing bad – we only saved people, we brought peace! The Regime is manipulating you! Dominique and Reuben caused this – they made your Chief ill! They're the criminals, not my family and I!'