| 3 | Attack

A q u a   L o r d a i r e  as  N a o m i   S c o t t  in  B O O K  1

💮💮💮

I do a lot of training lessons

I do a lot of training lessons. I don't inevitably know the reason why, but my father insisted I should train in order to be healthy, fit and strong. He mutters about how precarious the world can be, therefore I need some knowledge to protect myself from dodgy people and things.

Dad and I train either in the basement or in the garden outside. Today, he's pumped up to train under the fiery, blistering orb in the bright, beautiful blue sky. The voice that spoke to me was silent ever since Dad's furious episode.

I'm dressed in black shorts and a black, loose shirt. My dark-brunette, helix hair is made into a cluttered, effortless ponytail. The garden outside is quite immense, with no bushes or flowers, just unadorned and grassy. Dad's standing next to Kiyoshi, dressed in a tight-fitting gym Nike shirt, black shorts and Nike trainers.

"You can't keep her like this forever, Chris," I heard Kiyo murmur. "You gotta let her go sooner or later."

"It'll be dangerous," Dad snapped. "If I let her go, she'll fall."

"She won't. She's strong. You of all people should know – Hey, Aqua." Kiyo grinned at me when he saw me. I returned the gesture.

Dad smiled firmly. "Finally. Thought it'll take you centuries to get dressed." Dad's voice still has that British Accent. He never allowed himself to get used to other accents besides than his original one.

"What are we going to do today?" I asked him.

"What have I been teaching you the last three months?"

"Martial arts."

Dad knows all kinds of martial arts – Karate, Jujutsu, Taekwondo, Aikido, Wing Chin, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, and many more. I have no idea how he manages to memorise every single technique of each martial arts. It fascinates me, to be honest. Ryker said that it was his way to get Mom – just showing off his strength. That is something Dad would do. And something Ryker would do. Me? What do I have to show off to a guy? I have muscles, but they're perfectly small for my body figure. I don't need any muscles to get a guy.

In fact, I never attracted a guy before. I don't think any guy had a crush on me. Dad made sure of that. He gets very livid whenever it comes to guys. You're not ready for dating, guys or boyfriends, he scolded one time.

"Yes. Today, I want you to use your martial art skills to defend yourself from –" Dad nodded at Kiyo. Kiyo's hand went to the back of his trousers, and he drew out a weapon. "– a gun."

My eyes nearly popped out of my sockets. "Are you kidding me?"

"Does it look like I am?" Dad said, taking the gun from Kiyo's grasp.